Thread: Need to sell my not drive-able work van.

Need to sell my not drive-able work van.

2005 Chevy full size cargo van. No brakes, not even the parking brake. Very rusty underneath (thus the brake issues) but runs like a top with only 43,000 miles since I worked out of my home shop.

What I'm looking for is various car buying websites like Carvana (they rejected it as they don't buy cars that can't be driven), and Peddle who is offering $1325.

Anyone know of others? Peddle will tow it away after inspecting it and cut me a check right there. That's what I'm looking for.

Found another one- Vroom. Should hear back from them tomorrow. Today actually.

Sounds like you are looking for cash from it, so this may not be helpful, but most NPR stations will accept vehicle donations, running or not. They come and tow it away and send you a tax receipt. Not so useful in these days of limited tax deductability, but it's an option for some.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I'll also suggest the charitable donation route if you happen to itemize deductions on your taxes...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    When my Jeep finally got to where I was doing one thing or another to it every month I "donated" it; I think I got $200 and they took care of all the paperwork. Something like Karz 4 Kidz but that wasn't it. The motor was fine but everything else was . .. well . . . a Jeep. Sounds like $1325 to get it out of your life is a good deal.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

If the 43k miles can be verified you could likely sell it for parts; to someone needing the engine/trans/ECM system I'm thinking $1500 would be a bargain...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    If the 43k miles can be verified you could likely sell it for parts; to someone needing the engine/trans/ECM system I'm thinking $1500 would be a bargain...

Interesting! Vroom just offered me $1500 today. I will probably take that offer. Yes the 43k is real (it's actually 42k, I was going from memory), and can be verified. I'm the original owner. Plus the tires have a LOT of tread left. And wow are tires expensive for this van. I do expect Vroom will knock it down for parts. Also the battery was replaced last December 6th- $175. Lots of value in this thing.

Appreciate all the replies.

Could probably make it into a nice small wood kiln for a portable sawmill. LOL.

I'm in a similar position with a 2001 Minnie Winnie Class C RV.

Last time it ran was 2010.

The chassis and engine is a Ford E450 with 16K (yes 16K) miles on it.

It has some small leak in the roof, mainly on seam and around some of the vents.

It also has an Onan 4000W generator, which realistically, probably has less than 100 hours run time.

I'm sure the components, RV fridge, microwave, oven, etc., are worth something.

But it needs two batteries and six new tires, especially the tires just to tow it. The current tires have 650 miles on them, but they are seriously flay spotted from sitting.

It sits with 60+ gallons of 10 year old fuel in it, not sure how to drain that and what to do with the old fuel even if I can drain it.

It's all just a bit of a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post

The chassis and engine is a Ford E450 with 16K (yes 16K) miles on it.

It has some small leak in the roof, mainly on seam and around some of the vents.

It also has an Onan 4000W generator, which realistically, probably has less than 100 hours run time.

I'm sure the components, RV fridge, microwave, oven, etc., are worth something.

But it needs two batteries and six new tires, especially the tires just to tow it. The current tires have 650 miles on them, but they are seriously flay spotted from sitting.

It sits with 60+ gallons of 10 year old fuel in it, not sure how to drain that and what to do with the old fuel even if I can drain it.

It's all just a bit of a headache.

One of our local TV stations runs a popular classifieds section on their webpage, I found these 5 similar-to-yours Class C's for sale, years 2000 to 2003...
    No clue if anyone is getting asking price, but people don't seem to be giving them away! (While searching I found a near-twin to our 2000 Allegro Bus for sale for $4k more than we paid for ours 12 years ago )

rv's.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post

Wow. At some point you just want it out of your driveway. That's where these companies come in.

Sometimes you could get more selling it privately, but is it worth the time and effort? My brother is an accountant and he alwys says "The juice ain't worth the squeeze!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Wow. At some point you just want it out of your driveway. That's where these companies come in.
    Absolutely, although this one is sat in storage 40 miles away costing $120 a month.

Ouch!!!!!!