Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

Thread: Tear Drop WIP

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pleasant Valley MD. U.S.A.
    Posts
    378
    Lots of holes !! The precision carving continues, I have pierced almost all of the holes in this first section of the project. Now I have to hand carve the rest of the tear drop away with knives and clean them all up smooth.
    Attached Images Attached Images


    My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

    Jack Of All Master Of None

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    919
    I too, love seeing WIP photos. I appreciate the time and effort that goes into a project and I appreciate the sharing of knowledge and experience.

  3. #18
    Good stuff Bruce. Thank you!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pleasant Valley MD. U.S.A.
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Madden View Post
    I too, love seeing WIP photos. I appreciate the time and effort that goes into a project and I appreciate the sharing of knowledge and experience.
    Thank you Richard I'll continue to post my work in progress photos.


    My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

    Jack Of All Master Of None

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pleasant Valley MD. U.S.A.
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Good stuff Bruce. Thank you!
    Thank you very much Fred you have followed me for quit sometime now.


    My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

    Jack Of All Master Of None

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    E TN, near Knoxville
    Posts
    11,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Jones View Post
    Lots of holes !! The precision carving continues, I have pierced almost all of the holes in this first section of the project. Now I have to hand carve the rest of the tear drop away with knives and clean them all up smooth.
    You appear to be blessed with more patience AND creativity than the typical human! Iím looking forward to seeing the next installment.

    JKJ

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Hayes, Virginia
    Posts
    14,364
    You have my interest, don't have a clue where your project is going but I don't have any turning experience other then pens.

    1,525 Views and counting.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pleasant Valley MD. U.S.A.
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    You have my interest, don't have a clue where your project is going but I don't have any turning experience other then pens.

    1,525 Views and counting.
    Glad to have you along Keith. I won't give the whole project away just yet, but you can see the lines where I'll be cutting the cylinder into two pieces they are drawn on the piece in the photos. Just a little bit more carving and I'll be cutting it apart, I'll make sure to take photos and give a detailed description of the process.


    My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

    Jack Of All Master Of None

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pleasant Valley MD. U.S.A.
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    You appear to be blessed with more patience AND creativity than the typical human! I’m looking forward to seeing the next installment.

    JKJ
    Thank you John you are very kind, I try to share what I know and what I do. It's very nice when there are people that want to know and take the time to join in. I'm making fairly good progress and should be cutting the cylinder into two pieces in the next day or so, then it's on to the next phase of the build.


    My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

    Jack Of All Master Of None

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pleasant Valley MD. U.S.A.
    Posts
    378
    My WIP continues to evolve: I have finished cutting the vast majority of the tear drop holes and have cleaned them up some what, more fine tuning yet to come. Then I have sliced the whole cylinder in half and cleaned it a bit as well. I have photos of me carving the V section and cutting the piece apart I will post those photos in just a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images


    My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

    Jack Of All Master Of None

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    E TN, near Knoxville
    Posts
    11,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Jones View Post
    My WIP continues to evolve: I have finished cutting the vast majority of the tear drop holes and have cleaned them up some what, more fine tuning yet to come. Then I have sliced the whole cylinder in half and cleaned it a bit as well. I have photos of me carving the V section and cutting the piece apart I will post those photos in just a bit.
    More and more intriguing.

    I'm curious about how you made the cut. A fine hand saw, some power tool, magical incantation?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pleasant Valley MD. U.S.A.
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    More and more intriguing.

    I'm curious about how you made the cut. A fine hand saw, some power tool, magical incantation?
    Teardrop WIP Carving & Cutting.
    I had wanted to get back earlier to posting these photos John.
    Attached Images Attached Images


    My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

    Jack Of All Master Of None

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pleasant Valley MD. U.S.A.
    Posts
    378
    Teardrop WIP Carving & Cutting.
    Attached Images Attached Images


    My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

    Jack Of All Master Of None

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pleasant Valley MD. U.S.A.
    Posts
    378
    And some more photos Teardrop WIP Carving & Cutting.
    Attached Images Attached Images


    My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

    Jack Of All Master Of None

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    E TN, near Knoxville
    Posts
    11,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Jones View Post
    And some more photos Teardrop WIP Carving & Cutting.
    That well answers the cut question!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •