Thread: Shaper help needed - problem with lifting mechanism on Paoloni shaper

Shaper help needed - problem with lifting mechanism on Paoloni shaper

I have an 80's Paoloni shaper. I can't find any literature on it whatsoever. I think it compares to a SCMI or Delta Invicta. I'm hoping to find some kind of exploded parts diagram on at least one of those machines to see what I am dealing with. So far I have gotten nowhere trying to take things apart and I'm not even sure where the problem is.

Would appreciate any help. I didn't want to post on Vintagemachinery because I think it's against their rules to mention anything non-American. And I couldn't find any info on SCMI over there.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ben Schmolze; 06-08-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Euro (and south American)machines are within the bounds of owwm.

What is the problem, or you just looking for a parts diagram?

A parts diagram would be great, to understand how everything is connected.
    In short, the quill/spindle stopped raising by the handwheel, it only went down. Now it's maxed out down and everything is bound up.

Blog Entries
    Best I can do is a casolin or invicta. The raising mechanisms are generally very simple.
    Screenshot_20220608-185607_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-185715_Chrome.jpg

Thanks Jared. Apparently I need to make more posts before I can view your attachments.

if you have gone past the end I think some can drop down too low and not engage when you try and raise them. Do remember one putting a jack under it and raising it up till the teeth engage again. Before ive messed around with them too much they are blown out with high power compressed air then soaked in WD to loosen stuf up then blown out again and maybe WD and blow again, Then things were easier to see what was going on.

Griggio.JPG
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 06-08-2022 at 8:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Schmolze View Post
    Thanks Jared. Apparently I need to make more posts before I can view your attachments.
    No, you need to become a Contributor to see images. $6/year.

Atlantic Machinery used to sell Paoloni machines. They may be able to source a manual/parts diagram for you. https://atlanticmach.com/replacements.php