Thread: Harvey Tablesaw

Harvey Tablesaw

I’m looking at the Harvey Alpha table saws. Specifically the HW110TC-36, 3hp, worm gear trunion; or the HW110S-36, 4 hp, dovetail trunion. They both list as belt drive (3hp single grooved belt, 4 hp triple v belts) but the images look like the 3hp may be direct drive? Price difference is negligible (couple hundred bucks) so the question is, is there any advantage or disadvantage to the dovetail system? Other than lift mechanism and motor they are the same saw.

I have the 52” 4hp Harvey sitting boxed in the garage now - just trying to figure out how to get it down the hill and into the walkout basement door wall : ). I am not sure about the advantages of the dovetail system (reported to be smoother to raise and lower blade) but for the cost difference, I went with the 4hp. My son in law also bought the 4HP model that we just moved into his shop over the weekend. Although the 3HP would be plenty (that is what I had on my Unisaw that became part of the deal when we sold our house and it never lacked power), for the extra $ we both choose the 4Hp.

Edit: I found this statement on another site
    Dovetailed ways for up and down travel I’m guessing? Everything moves straight up and down as opposed to the typical arc.
    Last edited by Doug Colombo; 06-06-2022 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Typo added dovetail info