Thread: Revo K-body problem

Revo K-body problem

I have several of the new Bessey K-body clamps. A couple weeks ago a clip of some sort fell out of one of them. Now the clamp will work but it slides very loosely on the bar and will fall off the end unless careful. I did an on-line warranty for it and got a reply the next day. They ask for two pictures so I sent two of the same because it's self evident what the problem is. The reply was asking if it was one or two clamps that had the problem. I replided that it was just one clamp. That was two weeks ago and I haven't heard back from them. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried to get the clip back inside the clamp but didn't have any luck.

I have 8 K body clamps in two lengths but I have a project where I could use 4 more. I'm kind of leary about buying more Bessey clamps unless this just happened to be a fluke. I didn't expect a replacement to be sent overnight but it would have been nice to let me know what they are going to do. One of the reasons why I got the Revos is because of the warranty.

bessey K body.jpg

I have a bunch of the Revos and have had no problems. I like the 6mm Allen socket on the handle - I use a wrench when I want to really crank down with them.

I agree that it would be appropriate for them to let you know what they're going to do and when.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I had an issue with a Bessey clutch-style bar clamp a few years ago. Their customer service was difficult to get answers from. I ended up speaking with a Bessey representative at an in-person event (this was pre-Covid) which got me a contact in the company. I followed up with them after the event and was finally able to get a replacement sent to me. I think, more than anything, that you need to stay on top of them and keep contacting them until you get a decision one way or the other. I wasn't impressed at all with the efficiency of their customer service.

If you have a local bessey dealer that might be better to go though for your warranty. I have never had an issue with my k body clamps however I do have quite a few irwin parallels so the bessey don't see a ton of use in my shop.

No shops close by to bring it to. I bought a set of 4 from Rockler last summer over the internet. The closest Rockler is over 3 hours from here. I'll give them another week and I'll try to get in contact with them once again.