Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SawStop Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Varley View Post
    I've been tempted to get the Woodpecker Rip-Flip system to make that easier (among other reasons).
    Well look at that... Very interesting. Thanks for mentioning!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I put the Rip-Flip on mine last winter. It does make dadoes easier with a regular blade or a dado blade. It is something that Woodpeckers has that is not priced outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Bade View Post
    I put the Rip-Flip on mine last winter. It does make dadoes easier with a regular blade or a dado blade. It is something that Woodpeckers has that is not priced outrageous.
    Indeed. When I first saw it I expected the price to be higher. But it's still probably pushing the max you could ask. Much more then you start thinking about an Incra Positioner, which is even more functional. I'd go that route except space/size wise it doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    I will last say that for myself while blade contact can be more drastic an accident, kickback is a less intuitive and hence more likely accident in the case of a grandson… so caveat emptor.
    Yeah, although the riving knife, hold down and blade guard help (I would probably have a couple of holes in my shop or me from ripping construction lumber if not for these features).