Thread: water pump blows hose off

water pump blows hose off

Were the hose connects to the water pump theres 2 pieces the hose just pushes on the the clear plastic piece which connects to a grey plastic piece and that presses on to the top of the water pump. Theres noway to put a band clamp on either piece Im thinking some kinda glue that will hold up under water. Idea's please
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Nylon zip tie.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Nylon zip tie.
    The bottom piece is solid plastic and theres no way to get a clamp or zip tie on the hose.Every time I turn the pump on the hose blows off
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

is your hose that soft, almost gooey stuff? That's what came with my coolers... If so that stuff stretches badly. If so, try cutting an inch off the hose and try the fresh cut end, or try some different hose...

I have a similar problem with my tool machines, I use small pumps to pump flood coolant mix when I'm cutting and engraving metal stuff, and 'good' hose stretches ok initially but hardens after awhile, and eventually the hose leaks at the pump, and will come off, and cutting that stuff off doesn't help because once it hardens up it won't stretch over the outlet nipple... PIA!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    is your hose that soft, almost gooey stuff? That's what came with my coolers... If so that stuff stretches badly. If so, try cutting an inch off the hose and try the fresh cut end, or try some different hose...

I have a similar problem with my tool machines, I use small pumps to pump flood coolant mix when I'm cutting and engraving metal stuff, and 'good' hose stretches ok initially but hardens after awhile, and eventually the hose leaks at the pump, and will come off, and cutting that stuff off doesn't help because once it hardens up it won't stretch over the outlet nipple... PIA!

Thanks Kev thats next inline to do, but the hose is kinda short, but I think I can move the laser closer to the water pump.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Post a picture Bert and Amazon or your local hardware store carries the hose. But If its like here where the town was 54,000 ten years ago now has a bit over 70,000 people the local traffic is bad, cow town that grew up.... same roads, same country hick drivers.
    Last edited by Bill George; 06-05-2022 at 1:33 PM.

I can't afford to drive anywhere, it's 19 miles to the grocery store, thats $11 in gas just to go get food. I order online then pick up every 2 weeks. probably should order a months worth but I can't think that far ahead LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Did you get your pump/hose fixed? A picture would help and I have extra hose.

Thanks George , No not yet I've been lazy. its a 107* out and 85 in the house, so I'm not doing much. yesterday was the same and no end in site. Plus yesterday I inhaled a piece of toast and had a coughing fit, it was bad. Today my ribs are so sore it hurts to breath. Luckily I have no jobs for the laser just personal stuff I want to do . so no hurry. The hose I have if I cut a couple inches off and move the water tank , I think it will be ok. we'll see .
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

No AC or is it broke?

swap cooler only cools so much
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander