Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Spruce Chisel Arrived

Rob - thanks for the detail and I totally get it. I'm in an industry with a variety of supply chain issues and its not going away any time soon.

I own a much, much, much smaller business than you. And as far a supply chain goes, things have just been up and down but still shortages, and delays are the norm.
    After ordering a single chisel from 3 manufacturers, and obsessing about which style I liked best, I decided to expand my set with Veritas. Ordered last August, one of the two outstanding ones just arrived this week. I had almost forgot I ordered it.

No complaint here at all, BTW. I'm (on a radically smaller scale) also "living the dream" of the current state of the world as a business owner. Quality is worth waiting for whenever possible. Looking forward to the next chisel joining its cousins.

I was kind of curious as to why the long lead times given LV's North American manufacturing. Interesting glimpse into things "behind the curtain".

PS. I'm glad you have a supportive community here in our little corner of the Internet, and a place to indirectly and politely "vent". So many people just have no clue that as a business right now, your best efforts cannot overcome the reality of the state of the supply/manufacturing chain, especially with imported materials/resources. (Let alone hiring. I don't know if it is the same in Canada, but here... I don't know what happened to all the workers).
    Last edited by Erich Weidner; 06-11-2022 at 1:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    My satisfaction is that my days of accumulating things is mostly behind me.

Even things that are at a very good price and quality are passed over because they're already is one, or more, in the shop.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)