Thread: Upgrading To A New Lathe

Upgrading To A New Lathe

Hi All,
    I am thinking of upgrading to a new lathe. I have to save a bit before I do and it will also require me to sell my existing lathe but I have no idea what the going rate would be for it. It is a NOVA DVR XP that runs great. It has the updated Saturn electronics, NOVA cast iron legs and the NOVA out rigger system. I have loved using this lathe but I need something bigger. So I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on the price I should ask for it. My goal will be to upgrade by the end of the year.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

A friend just sold one after her husband passed. I think she was asking $1400-$1500. She included half a dozen tool rests and a Nova chuck.

Generally 50% of new is a good starting point, however you don’t mention the age, any accessories you may include, have you had to replace any parts or electronics. Now with all that said, if inventory levels are low right now you may be able to get something of a minor premium.

Hi Bryan,
    I believe they do not make this any longer. I have had it for 5 years. You can still get parts for it. I would be selling it with the out rigger assembled and cast iron legs which are not included when you buy the lathe. They are upgrades and somewhat expensive. it would also include the full size tool rest and the mini tool rest.
    Jeff