All the rehabs are done...cleared off the bench, for now..Road Trip to spend a bit of Mad Money....
The Maple Stack, 9 boards.JPG
3/4" x 5-3/4"x 5' mostly....and a weird looking 4 footer...9 boards total. Long boards are from 4 planks that were 117" long...not going to fit in the back of my Chevy....cut somewhere near the middle, one end was 59" long, the other was a bit shorter. Total cost for the 9 boards? $17.00

He talked me out of buying more Ash, as he wanted to get rid of the Maple, instead..
The Maple Stack, we have spalt.JPG
This might be interesting..a bit of Spalt going on?

Let it sit there for a bit....there IS a spot that needs something done....
June Project start.JPG
Not the best look, is it? So....How about a Hobbit sized Tool Chest....?

Area I have to work with, and stay out of the way of my kneecap going by: 32" for a length...I can go up to 17" high, COUNTING a lid...and I can only come out from the wall 16".....and, NO, that floor jack WILL be heading outside to the shed....

Figure a Frame & Panel Chest will work...21 bft of Maple. May have to go back and buy a couple more planks, for the lid. Hauled 2 planks to the shop...idea was to glue up a long panel, then cut it into smaller panels for the front and back of the chest....
June Project, 1st plank.JPG
Yep, I would pick the 2 planks that were 59" long...and one has a live edge, to boot. Matched up the grain along the non-live ( dead?) edge with the other plank's grain/spalt....edges needed jointed before any glue up..so..
June Project, little jointer.JPG
Takes a BIG board to make a Stanley No. 8c look like a jack plane...Maple Flavoured shavings, anyone?
June Project, Maple shavings.JPG
So..once the edges matched up...then the glue, cauls and clamps arrived...
June Project, 1st panel glued up.JPG
Which about shut down the shop..almost...had one other item ...
June Project, Dungeon Creek.JPG
The Dungeon Creek...usually runs right where I am standing....

waiting on glue to cure, and a floor to dry.....stay tuned.