Thread: Fiber laser without galvanometer

Fiber laser without galvanometer

I have a rather unique application I want to try. I am wanting to mark wood that is on a moving conveyor using a fiber laser. We tried it out using a diode laser but its moving too fast to make a visible mark. The mark will just be a short line so the laser does not need to move or have a galvanometer. I bought a 50 w fiber laser to test out, but I think it needs some lensing to get it focused down. I am having a heck of a time finding what kind of lens to use. In my google searches I kept running into these forums so I thought I would post here and see if anyone could help me out. I was even looking at buying a galvo and lens but not moving galvo just because that is what most of the fiber lasers use however I can't seem to find the hardware to attach them to each other.

the lens isn't your problem, it's that the 1064nm wavelength of fiber lasers isn't compatible with engraving wood. I found a web page from Mecco that can explain it much better than I can
    Not sure who Mecco is, but seems they've been in the "marking" business many years...

https://www.mecco.com/blog-can-a-fib...r-engrave-wood
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle