Thread: Renner Products?

Renner Products?

Anyone here have a chunk of experience working with Renner products? Specifically their 765 line. I'm hoping to hear how it performs as both a 1k and 2k product and whether you prefer it one way or another. Thanks all.
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not familiar with the brand, etc., John. But be sure to read the specifications carefully if these are not waterborne products as you may need proper PPE and a proper spray environment, especially for "2K" type products, many of which are dangerous health-wise.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looks interesting. I had never heard of it. That kitchen on the bottom of the opening page looks exactly like something someone was asking about here a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like it's all waterborne. I've used some 2k auto products, but was never convinced it was better than anything else.

Jim, it's waterborne and I have a "spray booth" (kind of a nook lol) that is curtained off and vented to the outside.

Tom, the word around the campfire is that it's good stuff but you know how it is when it's dark, in the woods... lots of stories lol.

That Renner product has really high viscosity (4 times higher than Benjamin Moore Advance). I would think that would only spray with an airless pump or an air assisted airless.

Dennis, I saw that (and it becomes more viscous with the hardener). I just think you need to thin it more than usual and apply more coats. I have a 4 stage hvlp machine so I "think" it can handle it. Good point though, I'll call the company and ask about that before ordering if I decide to try it out.

I spoke with the distributer. It's meant to be shot straight without thinning. 4 stage works. 1.5 needle for 1k and 1.8 for 2k. You can thin the 1k at 5% if you want to shoot through a 1.3.

I'm still interested if anyone has actually tried it. If I don't get a response, I may give it a try anyway and I'll post some pics. Need a bit though, back is hurt.