Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harvey Slider on Unisaw?

Quote Originally Posted by John Kananis View Post
    I would have respected them saying that they weren't sure about compatability and offering the specifications for the mounting holes, etc. If I called a Ford dealership and told them I currently drive a Chevy, I certainly wouldn't expect them to say they never heard of one... and regardless of make or model, if you ask the same dealership what size tires you need, you wouldn't expect them to ask my if you have cloth or leather seats... rim size maybe.
    These days little surprises me though. It's an accomplishment that they can find people to talk on the phone. The fact that someone is clueless about what you have is no surprise. The miter slot comment might have been someone trying to come off as smarter than they were. Who knows? He didn't lol. I think there are many places you can find clueless employees these days. The worst thing is that many have no desire to learn either.

All true. And equally sad.

I think that the miter slot comment came from the CSR thinking that the "sliding table" was their miter fence product which does use the slot...some of this could be language related confusion, unfortunately.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim I'm sure that's the case... it was a tech though, not a csr and I started the conversation by identifying the part number of their device. I think the tech just goofed but my patience was thin by then. I was honestly ready to purchase during the phone call. I may still get it but idk, the incident left me thinking that if I have issues, I may have to deal with the keystone cops and that doesn't seem all that appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    I do and I love it. It slides so smoothly I slide it back and forth just to feel the quality. It's rock solid. The fence stays square. Haven't had any problems with dust buildup. No problem recommending it.

I modified the attachment because my saw is on a mobile base. I used the legs and some angle brackets to secure it to the mobile base. You can see it here at post #19 https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?291149-Harvey-Alpha-HW110S-36-Review

I also modified the fence attachment using cam levers instead of having to reach for an Allen wrench each time it's adjusted.
    Hi Julie, do you think you could possibly take a pic of how the legs connect to the slider (underneath)?

Oh, I wasn't saying that the responses you got were appropriate...they were not and customers deserve better, especially from someone who is supposed to be a technical support resource.
    --

Hi Julie, beautiful saw and I really like how you organized blades, etc. Also, I have a similar base on my saw but two wheels stay on the ground with mine... your base is much better engineered but I don't think it was available when I got mine.

Thanks for passing along your experience. I'm still curious how it would "fit" my unisaw.
    Oh, sorry.

I'm pretty sure the Unisaw has a shorter table than the Harvey. The depth on a Harvey table is 31". The Harvey slider comes with additional hardware and instructions to attach to a Sawstop. Hole orientation is compatible with Shop Fox and Grizzly too. Looking at mine, about the only other thing that I see that might arise from attaching it to other saws is the need to drill holes in either the slider or the saw table.

I don't see any issues with drilling additional holes on the slider other than possibly running into the situation existing holes are so close to where you want to drill as to create a problem getting the new hole started. There are a total of 14 pre-drilled holes on the slider. On mine, only 3 are used.

To install the slider, I had to cut the fence bar, reducing the ability to slide the fence to the left. Blade tilt on the Harvey is to the left. The reduced fence travel hasn't been an issue for me.

I previously owned a Delta contractors saw that had a Delta sliding table on it. My neighbor across the street now has it. I didn't see any issues with attaching the Harvey slider to that table.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Hi Julie, do you think you could possibly take a pic of how the legs connect to the slider (underneath)?
    I took the pictures but can't remember how to upload them here. But there's a channel running the entire length of the long length of the slider. That's where the legs attach, using T-bolts.

Page 8 of their instructions shows how the legs connect. https://harveymachinery.com/wp-conte...Revision-A.pdf I attached Unistrut angle brackets using cap screws, nut and washer. I'll try to get the pics uploaded here if I can remember how to do it.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Fantastic, thank you for taking a minute to help out. A 31" table is absolutely awesome, not really worried about the space needed front to back though. Going to be a bit of a tight squeeze left to right with the 52" fence but I can swing that too, just going to be a little cramped on the left. I also have an extra set of biesemeyer rails that I can cut so not the end of the world there either.

Memorial day pricing is at $1149 so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Shipping isn't until July 13 though (sadly). Once it gets here, I'll let everyone know how it fit up and post some pics.

I almost forgot I promised a pic. First off, totally loving the slider and really glad I pulled the trigger. Only one hole aligned properly and it held the slider a little proud of the top of the saw. I drilled that hole out with a 15/32nd bit and it took it right into alignment. I marked and drilled two subsequent holes and mounted it. The auxiliary table that bolts on the left had no mounting holes where the diagram showed so I drilled a couple of those too lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry guys, not sure why the pic is sideways.

Sorry guys, not sure why the pic is sideways.
    John, I have that same problem with photos.....can anyone tell us what we are doing wrong uploading pics?

There is a sticky thread at the top of the Forum Technical Support forum relative to photos and posting issues
    --