Thread: Miter Saw Vertical Cuts not Square

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Miter Saw Vertical Cuts not Square

Hello All,

This is my first post so if I am not in the right area or not following the rules correctly please let me know. I did search the forum and I have one similar case to mine but it appears it that case, clamping the wood solved the problem. (This thread )

I am having trouble getting square cuts out of my Hitachi C10FS sliding miter saw. I have had the saw for a few years and mostly use it for rough cuts. I have squared the blade up well and I get great cuts with the sliding function but when I perform a vertical plunge type cut they are always off. So far what I have done to try to fix it: Trued ,squared the fence, clamped the wood, put on a full kerf blade, changed my technique, cut very slowly. I took the saw apart some and after some careful examination with a combination square and calipers, it seems that the hinge pivot casting is not parallel to the blade spindle casting. I am assuming this is suppose to be parallel to each other? I emailed Hitachi and the closest repair shop is over 2 hours away, and I bought this saw used a couple years ago from a friend who didn't report anything wrong with it- so it's not under warranty.

Is there any hope for this saw? I am hoping I could fix it because I hate to just throw it away but right now I am many hours invested in trying to fix it and by now could have bought a new one for the man hours I have put in.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images