went to do a second cut and the mower would not start. Tried it a number of times. Was picking up new blades and a gasket so grabbed a battery same time. When measured the old one it was 12.6 amps and the new one was about the same. Had learned with the pickup truck when it would not start the voltage measure doesnt matter, it measured well and would not start the truck then new battery measured less volts and turned it over excellent. i dont have a way to measure amps.

When I turned the key old battery in the mower there was a clic so solenoid engaging then it try to turn over turn over and you would hear it but just split second and not keep going, there was also a high pitched whistle noise that came after the not turn over or try to, this high pitched noise as long as the key still still turned to where it should be turning over. This was on the old battery. New battery ended up exactly the same so the issue was not low amps in the battery. Same thing clic and try to start but not turn over or only split second trying to like it had a big load on it then the whistle sound with the key still turned. All of the dogs in the area froze with the whistle sound and I felt like Ace Ventura.

If the solenoid clics does that mean its good? If the starter is on its way out then maybe its loaded up. After several attempts maybe six it did just turn over then worked fine. Work got done and it started fine, likely all warm and happy. I can take the starter out and test it on its own see what it does.

I also lifted the seat and it has that thing where as soon as you get off the mower stops. I noticed it was wet from a crack in the seat. I defeated that "sawstop" feature to eliminate that. Im careful enough that I can get by without that.

If a solenoid clics does that mean it fine? In the past on some cars even dirty battery terminals can do that. ILl clean them tomorrow just to be sure but doubt that, right now im leaning towards the starter motor is just done its time and is causing drag.

thanks