I've been away from woodworking for about ten years while I was restoring a car. It was something wanted to do since I was a kid and I finally got it done.

Now I want to get back into woodworking and I will need a new table saw. I had been using a hot-rodded Craftsman contractor saw. It got the job done, but I'm ready for something more spiffy. I've been looking at the Harvey table saws and I'm very interested. I saw a review here by a woman who recently bought a Harvey saw and I like what she had to say.

When looking at the Harvey saws online, I see they have many options for sizes and power levels. So...

- What would you folks recommend for saw horsepower? I think horsepower ratings for air compressors are mostly hype, but I'm not sure about table saw horsepower

- Do you think the router table option would be worthwhile? I really like using my table saw as a router table. (Yes, I'm a David Marks fan.)

- I would like the saw to be mobile, but I'm not sure if the router extension would negate that

- Any other suggestions?

I'm willing to spend money on options that would be a good value, but I don't want to pony up for things I likely won't use or that won't work well.

Thanks!