Hi guys.

I'm trying to work out storage space for my very small apartment room, which I use as both a workshop and an office, and to hold most of my clothes and personal belongings.

There's one very small, very shallow closet, and very little floor space. So, what I need is to utilize as much wall space as possible, and that requires shelves!

My requirements are:
1) Free standing, very tall, but stable so that it's earthquake proof (I think this can be accomplished by making it an L-shape and putting it in a corner!)
2) Long, and no dividers in the middle, maybe even open-ended, so that I can store long boards for woodworking.
3) Not too costly or time consuming to build. I really just need storage now and this doesn't need to be fine furniture. I'm thinking construction grade lumber and simple fasteners or simple joinery.
4) If possible, can be knocked down/come apart for next time I move

Any ideas on how you would do such a thing? At first, I was going to make some wood racks like this:
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...MygSegUIARCJAw
Except free standing.

But, I really need shelves to store other things also, such as tools, smaller pieces of wood and materials, and personal belongings.

So basically I'm looking at shelves, maybe 1.5-2 meters in length with no vertical subdividers (which presents a challenge for structural integrity. I need some kind of supporting braces under the shelves in the middle while still keeping the front open), L-shaped, free-standing.

There does not need to be a back to the thing. The less material I have to buy, the better.

Any idea how to construct such a beast? I'm having a difficult time finding a design that looks appropriate.

Maybe vertically oriented supports under the shelves are what I need, to keep the shelves from bowing under a heavy load. Something like this, but beefier and made with 2x4's or something?

Making this knock-downable or at least disassemble-able presents a challenge as well... Hmm...