Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milwaukee 7 1/4 M18 Circular Saw ???

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Drew View Post
    I bought one a couples years ago to go 'cordless' making some roofing repairs to my house - thinking it would be handy working on a 10/12 pitched roof. It definitely needs a good battery. Totally worthless with the smaller batteries. I suppose it can be handy for small cuts, but I'll never use it again for any 2X work. I'll grab my trusty Skill Mag 77 for any framing work I need to do. I think battery circular saws have a purpose, but I'd lean towards one the worm drive saws if you going to be using it to build walls or any kind of repetitive cutting with 2X stock. Leave this little battery saws for the incidental small stuff. This is the newest version of the tried and true, always dependable standard.... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7EUS46...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I agree, you can tell a lot about a carpenters experience and skill level by his saw IMHO. I've never seen a guy with a well used worm drive not be an excellent carpenter. Pretty sidewinders though, oofta. Try a Dewalt cordless wormdrive if you get a chance, they are quite a saw. I actually haven't used the tailed versions in a few years because they are so good.

I try and stick with the fuel line from Milwaukee. I have found them to be much nicer then just the regular m18 line. I also have the fuel worm drive that I like better then this style.

Guys, guess what come in mail today? Yep you guess it, my saw has arrived and with a blade which I thought I had read that blade was not included but maybe that was another website. And I already have put it to use, making 4 saw horses out of 1x4's . Not much of test but it cuts good and I think it has good feel to it with the 5.0 battery. Saw is not light weight, but it is quality saw. Thanks SMC for all comments, now going to keep eye out for some 6.0 battery deals I hear about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the Milwaukee and the Festool HKC and I use the Milwaukee a lot more. The HKC is nice but if you are looking for more power off the 18v batteries I am really impressed with it. I haven't tried it yet with the higher output batteries.