Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee 7 1/4 M18 Circular Saw ???

Milwaukee 7 1/4 M18 Circular Saw ???

Guys I am in market for one of these guys, I already have other M18 drill and Impact. So I like to stay with the Milwaukee brand. But I am wondering if this saw is worth the cost, yes I do have a need for it since I am a one man show building my small retirement home/shop. I'm not expecting to use it non stop since I will also have miter saw to help cut 2x material for framing and sheathing. If you have one like this one or if there is another model that you prefer please let me know before I pull trigger? Like to have it in my hands before June 3rd since I will have a 3 day weekend to work on my place. Here's pic of what HD has which includes charger and one battery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have it, I like it. I use it for all my circular saw work because I keep a eureka track saw base on my corded saw. I cut a piece of 2" thick 8" wide red oak the other day, thought this will be interesting, it buzzed through it without hesitation. I use a cheap 24 tooth Bosch Edge blade from Menards.

I have the previous version, a 6 1/2" saw. They work great.
    I've had mine for 15 years so I'm not sure if that's a good price but the tool is good.
    I use the Diablo blades

https://diablotools.com/explore/saw-blades/wood-metal-cutting?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campa ign={2021-tri-wood-metal}&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyYKUBhDJARIsAMj9lkGJpGeO6REDI boX5xgz5OtmFayQBdZvncJkjhBz5wndv1URcyiANGEaApqxEAL w_wcB

Undoubtedly, it's a good tool. Milwaukee does good things. These battery powered circular saws are really handy and sometimes problem solvers. No futzing around when you need to make a quick cut...pick up the saw, put on the battery if it's not already there, adjust the depth and make the cut. No uncoiling/coliling an extension cord or even worrying about where you happen to be physically. I have one for my battery system tools and it was a good purchase for me. It gets used a lot more than I ever expected, even in the shop.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have and use the 7 1/4'' Fuel version of this saw. It works very well . The only thing that slows it down is using it with smaller batteries. (5 amp or smaller) I have found it works better with 9 amp batteries for me. I am a carpenter by trade and use this for every job.

I've got their worm-drive style M18. It's incredibly powerful. I'm selling both my corded saws after using it. The only knock on it is the weight.

While working on my neighbor's remodel, he bought some M18 tools. I used his 7-1/2" circular saw a number of times and it cut through 8/4 lumber easily.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

If you can, get the fuel version and an 8ah battery or larger. First time I used mine, I could have sworn it was a corded saw. It seems to have as much or more power than the corded saws and works great. Couldn’t believe it quite honestly.

Yea, I should have specidied, mine is the fuel version, didn't even know they made a non fuel version. Mine came with a 9 a/hr battery. I was really needing a spare 9 a/hr battery at the time for my trimmer and blower and found one of their deals where if you bought the saw for the bare tool price they threw in the battery.

Has anyone purchase from these people, they seem to have best deal on this saw?
    https://www.redtoolstore.com/product...e2727476&_ss=r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Carroll Courtney; 05-17-2022 at 12:04 AM.

Can't address Red Tool Store but Acme Tools has the same price and free shipping. Acme has been great in the 10+ years I've dealt with them.

My buddy has that saw and likes it. I prefer a left view saw, which has me getting the 6˝". But I got a DeWalt worm drive style when it first came out that I prefer for heavy cuts. I switched to the Big Red for most of my stuff. If I was going to get one for your projects, I'd get the worm drive style, as the hand is lower behind & you can see the cut easier if you're right handed.

One of our framing guys has that saw, he bought from Acme. Significantly less power than the Dewalt worm drives that we've pretty much all switched to, but it's not a bad saw.

I have one and its a good saw.

For a few dollars more, this might be an option. Included 2 5.0A batteries. If you already have them, it never hurts to have more than one drill/driver.

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 09-34-41 Milwaukee M18 FUEL 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Hamm.jpg

I bought one a couples years ago to go 'cordless' making some roofing repairs to my house - thinking it would be handy working on a 10/12 pitched roof. It definitely needs a good battery. Totally worthless with the smaller batteries. I suppose it can be handy for small cuts, but I'll never use it again for any 2X work. I'll grab my trusty Skill Mag 77 for any framing work I need to do. I think battery circular saws have a purpose, but I'd lean towards one the worm drive saws if you going to be using it to build walls or any kind of repetitive cutting with 2X stock. Leave this little battery saws for the incidental small stuff. This is the newest version of the tried and true, always dependable standard.... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7EUS46...v_ov_lig_dp_it