Thread: MiniMax digital crosscut fence Lambtoolworks?

MiniMax digital crosscut fence Lambtoolworks?

Does anyone know if the Lambtoolworks digital flip stops work on a MiniMax saw? I have a request into the Lambtoolworks site but I thought someone here might know or know of a retrofit.
    The Plane Anarchist

It says on it's website that the stop is made specifically for Felder. But can't directly help you.

I saw that. But it says the parallel fence fits both Felder and MM. So maybe there is a chance it can work on a MM.
    The Plane Anarchist

I can’t answer the yes/no part but will say that the profile of the extrusion Felder uses on their crosscut fences is much “friendlier” for aftermarket things, due to the fact that it is all flat faces, whereas the extrusion SCM uses on the Minimax saws (assuming they have not radically re-designed something) consists of many ribs and countersunk channels. My gut reaction is that you might be better off fitting a Siko DRO to your existing flip stops. That’s how Sam did it on his combo machine. Hope this helps,

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Yeah I saw Sam’s mods. I was hoping to just buy a solution but it’s definitely an option. And likely a bunch cheaper.
    The Plane Anarchist

Lambtoolworks got back to me. They don't offer a system for the MM slider. I called Siko, they are very helpful and have done this application quite a bit. I'm getting some prices and technical info coming from them. I suspect the cost of a two readout system is going to add up quickly.
    The Plane Anarchist

If you are looking for flip stops for the crosscut fence, Proscale has direct bolt on options for MiniMax saws. I have a pair of them on my SC4E. If you're looking for a parallell positioner alternative to the Lambtoolworks, I can't help you. I'm using an Incra LS Positioner similar to Sam's. Maybe Proscale will come up with something if there is enough demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    If you are looking for flip stops for the crosscut fence, Proscale has direct bolt on options for MiniMax saws. I have a pair of them on my SC4E. If you're looking for a parallell positioner alternative to the Lambtoolworks, I can't help you. I'm using an Incra LS Positioner similar to Sam's. Maybe Proscale will come up with something if there is enough demand.
    Im just thinking about the fences and their flip stops for now. I have bolted my Incra positioner to the outrigger table in the past. It’s ok but I would still like something a bit better in the future.
    The Siko option for one cross cut fence is going to run me about $1400 to rig up two flip stops. And I really want to do four flip stops (2 per fence). How much is a Proscale option? I realize that with the Proscale you loose access to one side of the fence. I don’t think I’d like that but maybe if it would be significantly cheaper…
    The Plane Anarchist

According to the Proscale website, a two stop setup for an SC4 is $779. I got mine last year at the AWFS show for about a 15% discount. It wasn't difficult to install and I love the added level of precision. I generally always cut from the rear face of the crosscut fence anyway, so I don't miss not being able to use the front face of the fence.

https://www.proscale.com/products/in...-digital-kits/
    Last edited by Dave Cav; 05-18-2022 at 2:38 PM.

We’ll that is significantly cheaper. Maybe I’ll take a run at Siko and see if they can give me a better price. If not I’ll likely go with the Proscale too.
    The Plane Anarchist

I just saw this thread... can answer some of this. We make the Flipstop to fit only the Felder extrusion that measures 72mm x 70mm, which is basically any of their 700 or 900m series machines that were not ordered with factory DRO. A lot of design time goes into the Flipstop to fit the specific fence extrusion and until recently we hadn't had enough requests from Minimax/SCMI to warrant designing one. Plus, as others have mentioned, Sam modified and added DRO units to his fence, we have had folks purchase the Fiama units from us for this as well.

In regards to parallel fences, that's a different situation and we do make them to fit quite a few machines, Minimax/SCMI versions locate in the t-slot on the side of the slider, critical dimension being the distance from the top of the slider to the bottom edge of the t-slot opening needing to be roughly 41mm, there is a little bit of adjustment for variations.

Feel free to contact us with any questions.
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600