Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Return Air Baffle for CV1800

I measured the area of the cyclone exit duct and designed my return duct so it had no restriction with a smaller area. To err on the safe side and allow for inefficiencies from the turns and such I think I made it about 20% larger. The shape of the duct doesn’t make a lot of difference. (unless perhaps it was extreme)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cleveland View Post
    Think I need some help here. What would be the ideal dimensions for return air flow to exit the closet? Minus insulation.

I have created around 20 different designs for return air that I eventually shoot down for one reason or another.

Starting to think I should have just sold the dust collector and bought the G700 from Harvey. Unfortunately it’s too late for that as I’ve already spent money to move the mini split over(utilizing the same pass thur hole in the wall).

I have been working on this closet design for months trying to make it fit my space. This air return is the last piece of the puzzle. I have been trying to stay above 8” x 8” but with insulation and or baffles it keeps getting bigger and bigger. Blocking access to the filter stack. Any thoughts?
    I would bet good money the Clearvue would blow the doors off the Harvey performance wise, no contest at all.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Here is what I have finally come up with. Skinny rectangular box is 5”x36”. 1/2” material. Interior 4” x 35”. Cutout on bottom is approx. 6” above floor. Exhaust air flows down to cutout, up into the box to the right hand upper corner. Hard 90 degree turn into a 10” insulated duct and passes thru a 1” thick 12x24 air filter.

I want everything contained in the closet and have so many obstacles in my way. I think this is the best I can do. Lost count how many 3d models I have created and then deleted as I found problems with. If this doesn’t work I’m probably gonna sell my cv1800 and get something else. Hope this works. Thought?

Here is the room.

8D823B48-79DD-4F45-B5D9-87CE7A9BB6ED.jpg53EE5BA0-112D-40BD-A11D-3AFCC334607A.jpgFC583CE3-941D-4E39-B9DC-93960EE9B46E.jpg