Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosch GCM12SD problem

I have the 10" version, use it to build furniture, cuts square, everthing fits together fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Bade View Post
    I have the 10" version, use it to build furniture, cuts square, everthing fits together fine.
    I considered the smaller glide saw, thinking it might be more precise. Are you saying there is no possible movement/mis-alignment when a fixed slot is selected? The additional design problem is that the slot mechanism, beside being plastic has the lever pivot point several inches from the slot and it is just badly engineered.

Quote Originally Posted by barry bortnick View Post
    I considered the smaller glide saw, thinking it might be more precise. Are you saying there is no possible movement/mis-alignment when a fixed slot is selected? The additional design problem is that the slot mechanism, beside being plastic has the lever pivot point several inches from the slot and it is just badly engineered.
    Nope, I'm saying that when I set my miter saw station up it cut square when checked with a square and in use it cuts square and furniture fits fine. Is there possible movement, never had reason to check. Is there a design problem, never had a reason to check in the 10 years I've owned it.