Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

9 Ma7 2022

Greetings,
    Been a busy week. I was able to get the footboard and headboard sanded and assembled this past week as well as making more cell phone stands that people seem to have fallen in love with. Here's a pic or 2 of the cell phone stands (all made from scrap material):
    cell_phone_stand2.jpg

cell_phone_stand1.jpg

I will work on getting the rails made for the bed and then it will be on to applying color and clear-coating.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Finished the DC closet and installed lights. Need to wire up the MS, etc. Waiting for the piping.

Nice work, Dennis!!

Permit application for my new shop building project went in last Wednesday...so it's hurry up and wait. I hope it doesn't take too long as I currently have an access advantage for stone trucks via the driveway of the house about to be demolished next door, but I only have a couple of weeks before that driveway goes away. It was otherwise a quiet week with a nice Mothers' Day that I made some delicious lamb chops for dinner.

This week I expect to take down two additional trees that did not come back very well. One is actually in a bad spot for access to the back yard from the driveway extension anyway. The other is disappointing as it was a dark purple leafed ornamental that would have been in the area between the house and the new shop building. But it's not likely to survive and better to take down now. I want to get this done in the next couple of days because there's a tree company going to be doing work one door down late in the week and I'm hopeful they will chip all the stuff up for a "donation" in lieu of me renting a chipper.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Mostly outside work for me last week; the weather's been glorious. Mary and I went to a huge garden center in Amish country and picked up lots of annuals which she planted over the weekend. I've been weeding and placing leaf humus on the planting beds. We're hosting a hand blessing ceremony for graduating midwives this weekend so we're trying to get the yard looking decent at least. Fortunately the weather is cooperating and the yard has mostly dried out enough to mow everywhere.

I did get my closet doors stained and applied one coat of poly. One more coat to go.

We've been watching a nest some wren's made on top of a downspout S bend. It's easily visible from our half-lav. It seems fitting that the nestlings left the nest for the first time on Mother's day...

Jim...hope the permit gods smile on you!
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I’m working on making low voltage LED lighting for the yard.

Diann is making the stained glass, I’m making the wood pieces.

Here’s a view of the prototype and the top………Regards, Rod

0DE6CC75-7046-4B28-9E5D-626AE60E4C47.jpgA76E8984-FEFA-4543-9151-9D82B768A6B9.jpgE7D01C64-AE2C-4B63-869F-BE02E5DDE81A.jpg