Thread: Curious about steel core belts

Blog Entries

Curious about steel core belts

I’ve given up wearing bib overalls because my wife hates them. I’ve been wearing suspenders looped around a belt. But the suspenders are messing up the belt. I ran across steel core belts and wonder how comfortable they are.

511 makes a belt with a plastic strip inside so it does not fold over. seems fine to me. I often see their stuff cheaper on ebay. The factory store is not very much. The actual factory is no longer here.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    I’ve given up wearing bib overalls because my wife hates them. I’ve been wearing suspenders looped around a belt. But the suspenders are messing up the belt. I ran across steel core belts and wonder how comfortable they are.
    Having tried belts and suspenders one of my observations is they only go together if the belt is a utility belt.

Not many pants today are supplied with buttons for wearing a proper pair of suspenders.

None of my pants ever gave out where the suspender clips grabbed them.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I would attach the suspenders to my pants, not to my belt. You could get suspenders that attach with buttons and sew buttons on your pants. Buttons are actually the way suspenders were originally made - clips are a modern thing.

You can sew the buttons on the inside of the pants or the outside. When suspenders are used with dress pants, the buttons go on the inside.

I used to wear suspenders with my suits when I was working. You can get some really snazzy suspenders.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    I have found that the Dickies Perry suspenders work well. They are three point style, one in the back, two in front and hook the belt rather than use the old style clamp. Easy to take off and put on with your pants on. Only issue it that the adjustment tends to slip over time. Never had an issue with the belt. https://www.amazon.com/Dickies-Perry...a-441906729505
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    I have found that the Dickies Perry suspenders work well.
    Nice

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)