Thread: Eero PRO setup- User experiences

Eero PRO setup- User experiences

Based on the information in another thread here on Sawmill Creek this seems simple enough I can setup. I'm looking to get the Eero Pro 6 mesh.
    In reviewing the necessary requirements for setup it says "Celluar Data required" I have a cell phone and data plan, but in my rural setting celluar data does not work reliably. Texts generally work fine just not internet.

Is this a deal breaker?

Thanks for any input.

Tony
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

The normal setup process does leverage an Internet connection from your wireless phone to help automate things a little better, but I believe there is an alternative/manual process available since you initially setup a temporary WiFi connection between your initial EERO node and your phone, anyway. I never pursued the manual process either here or at my daughter's apartment, however, just the automated setup. You do need an active Internet connection to your provider. That would typically mean a cable modem, DSL modem or other similar connection such as direct Ethernet from a fiber providers Optical Network Terminal (ONT)

I will tell you that I'm extremely pleased with the EERO Pro WiFi 6 product; much better than the older mesh system I used at the old property. The VZ tech that did the install at my daughter's apartment said that he's had many customers who are very happy with the EERO, too.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 05-05-2022 at 9:04 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks, Jim
    Your answers to John Jordan in another post convinced me this would do what I need to connect my shop to my home network.
    I couldn't find this info yesterday, but upon more research this morning I found this.
    I think this answers my question.

How do I set up my eeros if I don’t have cell data service?

If you don’t have cell data service where you live, please take the following extra steps when setting up your eeros:

1. Rather than plugging your gateway eero into your modem, plug it into your existing router during setup (This is called 'double NATing' your network. Please see our tips on how to do that here). This way, you can use your current WiFi network to complete the setup and switch over to your eero network once setup is complete.
    2. If you have a standalone modem and router, you can remove the router once your eero network is up and running. Simply unplug the eero from your router, power cycle your modem, and then plug your eero directly into the modem. When power cycling your modem, please be sure to wait until your modem is fully powered back on before plugging your eero into it. Depending on the modem, this may take up to 3–5 minutes. After you plug your eero into your modem, you’ll no longer need your old router.

Thanks again, Tony Joyce
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Sounds like a plan!

Once you have everything setup, be sure that your wireless phone(s) are setup for WiFi calling if they are not already configured that way. You'll find the EERO app handy to keep track of what's on your network, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...