Thread: saw stop

saw stop

im hoping someone can help me,,i activated the brake on my contractor saw stop yesterday and today i put the new brake cartridge on and set it up exactly the way saw stop tell you too using the yellow guage and when you go to start it,,it kicks off,,then the green light starts blinking,,and i have trying to get it closer than the guage says but im at my limit according to what the book says,,,but it still kicks off,,can anyone possible help me

Is the green light blinking slowly or quickly?

After the activation, once you removed the damaged cartridge and blade, did you crank the elevation all the way down to reset the trip mechanism and then back up to install the new cart and blade?
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

the green light is blinking quickly and yes i lower the blade to reset the arbor

That happened to me and it ended up that the new cartridge was faulty and couldn't lock in properly. My supplier replaced it and that did the trick. No flashing lights
    Recheck that the cartridge is locked in properly.

i just checked it and it seems to be locked in place,,,,i have tried everything ,,,even trying a different blade,,,but reguardless when you get a solid green light on the panel and turn it on it kicks the power off

I had a problem when I had to change a brake. It turned out that the riving knife was too close to the blade. But call Sawstop tomorrow and they should be able to walk you through how to fix it.

And, just to be sure, you did push in the paddle after the activation, didn't you?

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    the green light is blinking quickly and yes i lower the blade to reset the arbor
    As you probably saw, this is the "no blade rotation code". Obviously if it's starting to spin up, it's not something like a belt, etc. But unfortunately it can be any part from the switchbox to the cartridge that's causing the issue where it's not actually sending the blade rotating. At one point I had the same problem and ended up having to replace the cable from the switch to the cartridge.

You're going to have to leave it up to tech support, but my experience is that they are quite responsive.

Do you have a dado cartridge? If so try that. If it works then you'll know its the new cartridge. That's how I found out my new cartridge was faulty