Thread: My interpretation on a Modern Rustic Farm House table

My interpretation on a Modern Rustic Farm House table

Just finished a my version of Modern rustic farmhouse dinning table, let me know what you think and how I could have done better, I made a little video showing the process, check it out and leave feed back good and bad.

https://youtu.be/NUySiYmALWA

Regards

Mike

Modern Rustic Table 2.jpg
    Gopher woodshop where wood comes to meet its maker.

I thought it was a Festool advert until I saw the yellow drill. The thick rustic wood got awfully thin somehow. I think you may have missed the glue on one set of dominos, at least the breadboard ends will help keep it together.
    Clever that wiggle of the drill and angled dowels for seasonal expansion, on some of the holes. The top may be a problem with the screws.

If you had dovetailed the lower middle stretcher ends you could have saved one dowel at each joint! Vacuuming under the stretcher will be a pain.

Very functional, even without any drawers. Lovely music.

Wait it WAS a Festool advert, the drill was just a yellow herring!
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Blog Entries
    I liked and subscribed your youTube. I was hooked immediately by Bach's Cello Suite No.1. Your work flow moves right along and the table is very nice.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by William Fretwell View Post
    I thought it was a Festool advert until I saw the yellow drill. The thick rustic wood got awfully thin somehow. I think you may have missed the glue on one set of dominos, at least the breadboard ends will help keep it together.
    Clever that wiggle of the drill and angled dowels for seasonal expansion, on some of the holes. The top may be a problem with the screws.

If you had dovetailed the lower middle stretcher ends you could have saved one dowel at each joint! Vacuuming under the stretcher will be a pain.

Very functional, even without any drawers. Lovely music.

Wait it WAS a Festool advert, the drill was just a yellow herring!
    Thanks William for your comments, the dominos were just for alignment, I may have missed a couple in the glue up but the face joint was more than strong enough without any. I ended up with about 1 1/2" table top I started milling my own lumber with a chainsaw mill about 5 years ago, and this wood was my first project, since then i mill everything to 2 inches in case of cupping, it turned out to be plenty strong enough, I had my family of six stand on it lol. Good catch on the screws, I will go back and loosen them and add a couple of washers.

Really appreciate your comments, and thank you for watching my little video.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    I liked and subscribed your youTube. I was hooked immediately by Bach's Cello Suite No.1. Your work flow moves right along and the table is very nice.
    Hey Maurice,
    Thanks you so much, Yes I love classical music too, it goes hand in hand with woodworking, thank you for your subscription and i'm glade you liked how it turned out.

Best

Mike

It’s the width movement of the top that will be a problem. The screws need slots and washers.
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed seeing your process. Beautiful work. Rubio monocoat for the finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mich View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed seeing your process. Beautiful work. Rubio monocoat for the finish?
    Thank you so much