Thread: Camaster Cobra X3 Problems

Camaster Cobra X3 Problems

Our machine went down Tuesday, servo Y tripped, reset servo. We have removed the wires, reconnected, checked fuses, still nothing. Does anyone have any recommendation we could try to get this thing up and running? Down for 3 plus days . . . NOT good : (

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zelma
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Your first call needs to be to Camaster tech support...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If you don't want to deal with customer support can you switch the cables with another axis? If the tripping problem moves then it's most likely either the cable is damaged or the servo is bad.

I am waiting for a return call from the owner of CAMaster to ask him to help James and Zelma. I should be getting a return call any time now.

So were you able to get this resolved? Was it a bad servo or something else going on instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    So were you able to get this resolved? Was it a bad servo or something else going on instead?
    L hate it when people ask and then don give the outcome they asked on the Camaster forum as well but didn't respond if they ever got it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    L hate it when people ask and then don give the outcome they asked on the Camaster forum as well but didn't respond if they ever got it fixed.
    I agree. We all learn when people share their experiences good and bad.

First I want to apologize for not answering sooner. I am use to getting notified through my email that someone had responded so when I didn't get the notifications, I just assumed no one could offer any advise.

Now, with that said, we were down about a week and two days, and I am not sure if we would have ever heard from anyone if Keith had not stepped in. It was a bad servo, we are up and running at this time. We are going to send in our old one to have it rebuilt so we will always have a spare for when this happens in the future.

Once we got to talk with Luke things were immediately taken care of, but I am not sure it is good for a business to be down that long of a time, I know it was not good for us. I have always recommended Camaster in any group I am in if someone ask what kind of a CNC would you recommend . . .

Thanks everyone and again I apologize for not getting back with you sooner.

A special THANK YOU to Keith for many, many things but especially for helping us during this!

Zelma
    God Bless,
    Texas

Did you get in touch with Camaster tech support initially? I have had a call back within a day when I have needed help.

I did and have always had great response from them before.

Zelma
    God Bless,
    Texas

When I called Thomas Mwangi to let him know that James and Zelma had been waiting for tech support for a couple of days he told me that one of his tech's was out on leave because his wife was having a baby. They were working as fast as possible, just busy and missing a valuable technician. Sometimes its just hard to get your name moving up the list, Thomas has always been a good friend to our Community so he was kind enough to help when I asked.

I hope all of you have plenty of work to keep you busy through the hot weather ahead.