Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finishing 1500 sf of birch T&G

Blog Entries
    Going back and forth between products can create real problems. Lacquer will loosen up every thing that was left behind by Latex, Oil and Shellac products you have used before. As mentioned above.

Lacquer Conversion Kits
    Best Regards, Maurice

Moisture Cure Urethane that I've used has Xylene, Tolulene, Acetone, and I forget what else in it but the list is long. If that didn't hurt mine 20 years ago, which it must not have since I'm still using it and have never been in it, I can't think of any lacquer that would be a problem.

I sprayed an aircraft hanger floor with white MCU, and some years later sprayed a flip house wooden floor with it because it had so many small rooms that I didn't want to stay in there, even with supplied air, long enough to squeegee it on.

I forget when the aircraft hanger floor was done, but do remember the house floor was in 2012, and the hanger was some years before that. This is the same pump I used in the video about the garage doors. All I've ever done for maintenance is put oil in the pump occasionally according to directions, and keep Pump Armor in it.

It was not a top of the line pump when I bought it sometime in the 1990's, but it is a Pro unit.

I'm sure the rig manufacturers have charts that tell you what finishes a particular unit can spray, including solvent based lacquers. I doubt they spend extra on seals for the lower end ones.

Edited to add: I don't think there was such a thing as a homeowner level airless sprayer when I bought this one.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 05-30-2022 at 8:36 AM.