Thread: thoughts on used pls6mw

thoughts on used pls6mw

Hello!
    If any of you would be so kind and share some thoughts about this machine.

I have a PLS3.60 that I am thinking of replacing and this machine just showed up.
    It is almost a ten year old PLS6MW with a 50W CO2 tube and 30W fiber and comes with Purex filter, it's price is around 20000 USD.

It is supposedly very well maintained and has a replacement CO2 tube about 2 years old.

The thing that concerns me is it's age. Is there anything I should be aware of, like replacement parts(electronic components or similar) that could become unavailable in near future being the machine 10 years old.
    I will go and look at it in the next few days and would be grateful if any of you could share some opinions.

That's a LOT of money for that equipment.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'm with Mike on this one. If you're going to spend that much anyway, tossing in a few extra bucks and going new is probably a better proposition. Older machines are like older cars, it's not just the laser source (engine) you have to be concerned about. My old Epilog is well cared for too, and in a similar age bracket, but it's showing signs of needing at minimum a belt, and possibly something more since I have to adjust the timing at higher speeds.
    Epilog Mini 24 45W/various other dangerous implements the wife has ok'd over the years