Thread: A3-31 wiring

A3-31 wiring

Just received a A3-31 jointer planer and need to wire the plug. The machine has two black wires labeled 1 & 2 (hots)and green & Yellow wire. I assume the green / yellow is the ground.
    The leviton twist lock plug has ground and two hots labeled X & Y. Does it matter where I hook up the hots labeled 1 & 2?

thanks

Nope. Hot 1 & 2 are interchangable. You are correct that the Green/Yellow is ground.

Lisa
    I am not an electrician so was not sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David Gutierrez View Post
    Just received a A3-31 jointer planer and need to wire the plug. The machine has two black wires labeled 1 & 2 (hots)and green & Yellow wire. I assume the green / yellow is the ground.
    The leviton twist lock plug has ground and two hots labeled X & Y. Does it matter where I hook up the hots labeled 1 & 2?

thanks
    The only time it would matter if it was a 3 phase device marked as X,Y,Z, being single phase no problem.

"TwistLock®" is a trademark, with any other manufacturer other then Hubbell they would be a locking plug, but it's like Sheetrock, Sawzall, Romex, used by everyone as a generic name for products. Because they changed their cord caps & connectors, to a black & white product, I call Leviton a Hubbell "wannabe".