Thread: Anti-Slip and Non-Slip safety products - SlipDoctors

Anti-Slip and Non-Slip safety products - SlipDoctors

I wanted to share this product since I have not found any posts about it.

When we moved into our current house in 2014, the cheap master bathroom shower stall was like stepping on an ice skating rink with roller skates. We don't think the original owners used it more than a few times. While a bit expensive, I found this spray-on anti-slip product and thought it was worth a try. https://slipdoctors.com/collections/...rglass-acrylic

I ordered the clear spray and gave it a try in 2015. I taped off some areas with blue painters tape and sprayed it on. Wow. When they say use in well-ventilated area, they mean it! I waited too long to pull off the blue painters tape. It left a faint purple-ish stain where the spray met the tape edge. No big deal. We plan on remodeling at some point. We were thrilled with the results of the non-slip traction. I then sprayed it on the floor of the Toy Hauler shower stall (without using painters tape) and once again, the results were fantastic - especially if the RV was not level.

Skip to 2022. I never sprayed SlipDoctors on the guest bathtub shower floor because we didn't use that bathtub and it seemed okay. I have had 2 major ankle surgeries in 14 months and grab bars are a must for me as I recover. The guest bathroom has sturdy grab bars. The slip factor was high while bearing most of my weight on one foot. Enough of that! I sprayed the texture on the bathtub. Today was the first morning that I didn't have my weak foot slowly sliding around the tub floor while using the shower.

I had forgotten how great it was to stand in the shower with confidence that I wouldn't slip and injure my foot! I still have some spray left and plan to spray it in my mother-in-law's shower stall to give her some extra traction.

Looking around their web site, I think I may make an investment in some of their other products to help keep the LOML and our upcoming senior years a bit more safe.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Good to know, been planning to replace the old non-slip pad in the master bathtub, I may try this instead--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Interesting stuff, how is it for cleaning the tub or shower after it is applied.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I'll have to check out that stuff. I wonder if it would work on our steps coming to the house from the carport? In the winter those steps, even though under the carport roof, get really slippery sometimes.

I can give you some advice for your bathroom floor! Don't put no-wax vinyl down on it. We did in our basement bath and then HAD to put bath area rugs down to stand up when stepping out of the shower.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-26-2022 at 6:20 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Interesting stuff, how is it for cleaning the tub or shower after it is applied.
    There is a very definite texture to the surface. 60 grit sandpaper feels similar. Even with the texture, it is not uncomfortable or "ouchy" to stand on at all.

We use Iron Out Powder and a brush in the Master bathroom shower stall. I took a close look at it a moment ago and cleaned it with Iron Out Gel Spray. It has been 7 years now since I sprayed the clear texture on it, and feeling around the floor of the shower stall, I don't feel any smooth areas where the texture has worn off. The water stains in the textured area were just as hard to clean as the smooth fiberglass sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I'll have to check out that stuff. I wonder if it would work on our steps coming to the house from the carport? In the winter those steps, even though under the carport roof, get really slippery sometimes.
    This was one of my thoughts too. Or potentially their other grip products that need a roller to apply it. I vaguely recall them having a product for boat decks too.

When we were staying at that horrible 1900's farmhouse rental, we used the upstairs as storage area due to the bats and flies. Someone had painted the steps with glossy paint. Yup. Total accident waiting to happen. I picked up a gallon of paint at Home Depot and the mixer tossed fine sand into the paint. That helped, but it was no where near as good as the SlipDoctor's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I can give you some advice for your bathroom floor! Don't put no-wax vinyl down on it. We did in our basement bath and then HAD to put bath area rugs down to stand up when stepping out of the shower.
    We are having to rethink all of our remodeling & plans. We are now going to come up with a walk-in shower with no steps. There will be grab bars and a seating area too!
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."