Thread: Blum Hardware Availability

Blum Hardware Availability

Having a heck of a time finding under-mount (soft close) drawer slides and hinges at a decent price (and quantity as availability is an issue altogether).

Anyone have a good source?
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....Chain-Shortage

There are no good answers except changing to a different brand that may or may not be easier to source.

The only folks I have observed actually getting Blum slides in consistently (?) during this time are shops that do a larger volume in general and have a previous relationship of buying them from their suppliers - enough so to make up a quantifiable percentage of their sales and therefore new and much smaller allocation from Blum. Even with that some folks are getting screwed.

I don’t really do cabinets but have been able to source about 4 cases of 15” 563F slides over the last few months for a few credenzas I need to build. I called probably 8-10 different suppliers nationally and found some that needed to be shipped ($$) and some regionally that I can pick up. I think you can forget about any chance of finding 21” or 18” Blum slides from a supplier for the foreseeable future unless you are one of those shops that has a previous relationship of buying volume prior to the shortage.
    Still waters run deep.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kananis View Post
    Having a heck of a time finding under-mount (soft close) drawer slides and hinges at a decent price (and quantity as availability is an issue altogether).

Anyone have a good source?

So is everyone in N. America.

Place your order with your favorite supplier and wait for your ship to come in.

I see... sad news. Thanks guys.

I buy them (here in Canada) from www.richelieu.com and I see they have them in stock (local warehouse) for standard sizes. Prices haven't changed significantly (maybe 10% or so).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    So is everyone in N. America.

Place your order with your favorite supplier and wait for your ship to come in.
    I just checked a order 15" blum slides im waiting on, eta is Dec 29 and they were ordered months ago. Locking devices are showing as April of 2023.

Thanks again for the replies. I can find the 15's here and there but the real challenge is the 18" slides.

Quote Originally Posted by mreza Salav View Post
    I buy them (here in Canada) from www.richelieu.com and I see they have them in stock (local warehouse) for standard sizes. Prices haven't changed significantly (maybe 10% or so).

Richelieu is a really big distributor. They are on an allocation from Blum and last time I checked they were not filling orders from other locations like they do on other catalog items.

In other words, my local Atlanta branch in Atlanta will not be able to pull 100 pair of 18" tandems for me from your location in Edmonton. But , if they've got a Halio EuroCargo recycling center up there - it could be on it's way south tomorrow.

Knape & Vogt

Just checked today with two of my suppliers. The Blum slides that are coming in are being used to fill orders placed 5 - 6 months ago.

I gave up on Blum undermounts due to availability. I ordered a kitchen's worth of Grass Dynapro undermount and tipmatic softclose devices through Woodworkers Express. Looks like the whole should fill in 60 days. I was able to get Blum Aventos upper cabinet lifts in about 30 days.