Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

25 Apr 2022

Greetings,
    It's been a hectic week at the day job as well as in the shop. I got 6 home-plate style cutting boards made and are currently at the laser engravers for custom work as these will be presented to baseball coaches for the end of season awards at a banquet in Dallas, TX. I taught a new woodworker about sharpening, marking, and measuring. I also went and helped a local woodworking shop to get more things done after they lost everything to a fire. Besides donating money to them, I'm helping gather and sharpen tools, arrange wood, and help provide projects that can be sold to raise money to help them build back.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

This past week saw some landscaping maintenance including restoring a grown over bed along the N side of the house, some new plantings and a couple of yards of mulch I picked up in my trailer. I also did a few things on the house including replacing the exterior vent termination for the master bath while I had a tall ladder available from a contractor neighbor. More of that kind of thing this week. In the shop, I was faddling with some prototyping for a wall mount battery storage solution for a bunch of 20v Bauer batteries to get them up off one of my benches. Once I have things worked out to how I like it, I'll use the CNC machine to do the final deed. I have more house maintenance things to do this week and am considering starting on the renovation of our guest bath to bide the time between now and when I have my building ready for interior finishes. I have to start doing things, even if the temporary shop is a pain...

I'm patiently waiting for the engineered plans for my building so I can get the permit application in and also working to get the electrician here to help make a final determination for how to get power to the shop...also needed for the permitting. My initial and "later" wiring plan for the space it done (keeping things simple for the permitting process), too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

After a couple days of snow! Monday and Tuesday after Easter, it warmed up dramatically to the 80's over the weekend. So I spent time on outdoor stuff, mainly getting the zero turn and small tractor ready for the season, and setting up the irrigation pump. Lots more of that to do. I did get some shop time in working on an in-drawer knife block and a silverware organizer. No way was it cost effective to build these things, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted and they were fun little projects and a good use for all the cherry cutoffs I have laying around. I got the pieces all made; just need to do some prefinishing and then do assembly. Haven't started on that last hallway yet; need to get to that too.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Focused on the DC closet all week. Finished the exterior this evening except for final mudding.