Thread: Massive live edge table

Blog Entries

Massive live edge table

We recently spent some time in Costa Rica. The one hotel we stayed at had this table and rustic chairs in one of their public areas.
    20220415_183753.jpg

The table top is a cookie from one of the local trees. It is over 4 feet across and 5-6" thick. The cookie had no cracks from drying. One of the naturalists that took us on nature walks told us that since the tropics have no seasons when the trees go dormant like North America, the trees do not have growth rings so it is nearly impossible to determine the age of a tree. I tried to lif the table and was barely able to move it. It probably weighs close to 500 pounds. The rustic chairs were also very heavy.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 04-23-2022 at 7:50 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee, this elevates rustic to a new level.

Really heavy ,beefy furniture ,that photographs like an Impressionist painting for a family of Hobbits. Don’t see many of those ,but I think
    this is one of the good ones !

Blog Entries
    Thats massive. Any idea of the species?
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    Thats massive. Any idea of the species?
    None of the staff I spoke with seemed to know anything about it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Here is another table that was in the same room. Note the size of the tree trunk base.
    20220416_072449.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!