Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bestest oatmeal raisin cookies

My MIL liked the brand of oatmeal raisin cookies we would give to her. I think they were Mothers brand? We learned to open them up and leaver them on the kitchen counter for a few days so they got crispy for her.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    The only cookie in the world worth eating is a chocolate chip cookie.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Hilbert Jr View Post
    Chocolate and cookie just don't go together.
    [edited]
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    You obviously have never had a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie.
    Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are good.

My favorite are chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Made with chocolate cookie dough and semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups of all purpose flour
    1/4 cup of cocoa powder
    1 t. salt (I have left this out and not noticed)
    1 t. baking powder
    1 t. cinnamon

1/2 pound butter, softened
    1-1/2 cup brown sugar (white sugar does not taste as good)

2 eggs (without eggs, dough is drier and cookies thinner & crisper)
    1 T vanilla
    1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°. Combine in a bowl flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and clove if used and set aside.

In a large bowl mix the butter and brown sugar until smooth. This is easier if the butter is softened in a microwave first. Beat in eggs and vanilla. If fudge ice cream topping is used, heat in microwave or water bath and blend in at this time.

Gradually add flour mixture. Add chocolate chips and other desired goodies. The dough should be stiff, add more flour if needed cocoa powder can also be added.

Using two tea spoons scoop up a little of the cookie dough in one spoon and use the other to scrape it off onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should not look wet on top when removing from the oven. Small cookies take less time than large cookies. Your time may vary.

Options: 1/4 t. clove powder, macadamia nuts, any kind of nuts, more chocolate chips or add white chocolate chips, mint chips, add half of jar of Dove Dark Chocolate ice cream topping or place a chocolate covered coffee bean on the top of some of the cookies as they are removed from the oven.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    You obviously have never had a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie.

YUK! Don't like peanut butter and chocolate together. Not a Reeses fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My favorite are chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Made with chocolate cookie dough and semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.

jtk
    It's impossible to put too much chocolate in chocolate chip cookies. I like to use dark chocolate.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Hilbert Jr View Post
    Chocolate and cookie just don't go together. I do like oatmeal cookies, but not with raising. Craisins yes. Daughter makes some killer oatmeal cookies, they have Craisins, cinnamon chips, apple and a bunch of stuff. Sometimes she puts cashews or pecans in them.

As for other cookies, there is a type of spice molasses cookie sold here every fall. Comes in an orange and black box called sweetzels. These are harder than hard. Like the way a beer pretzel is harder than a soft pretzel. I grew up eating them. They get soft as soon as dunked in tea, hot cocoa, etc. We used to make ice cream sandwiches with them. The cookies would soften over night in the freezer with the ice cream. Crushed and mixed with a little soft butter they make a great pie shell. I always buy a few boxes and hide them in various cabinets in the kitchen to have throughout the rest of the year.

Ginger Snaps Perry. They come out around haloween time, and are really good dipped into cold glass of milk. Made in Bridgeport, Pa.