Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bestest oatmeal raisin cookies

Bestest oatmeal raisin cookies

When I LIKE something I'm not afraid to say so--
    Got these at Walmart, Franz soft baked oatmeal cookies-
    cookies.jpg
    super soft, just plain yummy- they're so good they must be bad for you!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Definitely prefer soft baked cookies. Can't stand either oatmeal, or chocolate chip cookies that shatter when you bite into them.

Ooooo, I love Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I'll have to look for those next time I'm in Walmart

Oatmeal raisin are by far my favorite cookies. I most often use the recipe that's on the Quaker oatmeal box, with the addition of nuts. Really don't like the "soft" cookie thing, nor the high fructose corn syrup and palm oil they use to accomplish it. I like my cookies best crispy on the outside with a softer center, but I also like a nice snap. I think butter and sugar yield both a much better taste and texture than the alternatives, but obviously much of the US disagrees.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford McGuire View Post
    Ooooo, I love Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I'll have to look for those next time I'm in Walmart
    If you do not live in their region of operation, you will likely not find them.

My favorite is their Columbia River bread, sweet, dark whole wheat. Beast bread for a PB&J sandwich or a grilled ham & cheese.

We always go to the local bakery outlet store for the full selection and good prices on the day old selection.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Nope. The recipe on the Quaker Oats canister with real butter and lots of extra raisins. For bread, homemade whole wheat.

Prefer the recipe my Mom gave me, I have no idea where she got it from, and lately I've been using Craisins instead of raisins.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Oatmeal raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the reason I have trust issues. Enjoy your cookies!

I like raisins. I like oatmeal cookies. Don't like oatmeal raisin cookies. Go figure. My mother made cookies with oatmeal and crushed nuts to make them "healthy".

Jim

For "store bought", Panera has really good oatmeal raisin, but also the oatmeal cranberry which is delicious.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My mom made oatmeal cookies hard as a rock. Dunk in milk and gnaw your way through it. Love them that way.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

The only cookie in the world worth eating is a chocolate chip cookie.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Chocolate and cookie just don't go together. I do like oatmeal cookies, but not with raising. Craisins yes. Daughter makes some killer oatmeal cookies, they have Craisins, cinnamon chips, apple and a bunch of stuff. Sometimes she puts cashews or pecans in them.

As for other cookies, there is a type of spice molasses cookie sold here every fall. Comes in an orange and black box called sweetzels. These are harder than hard. Like the way a beer pretzel is harder than a soft pretzel. I grew up eating them. They get soft as soon as dunked in tea, hot cocoa, etc. We used to make ice cream sandwiches with them. The cookies would soften over night in the freezer with the ice cream. Crushed and mixed with a little soft butter they make a great pie shell. I always buy a few boxes and hide them in various cabinets in the kitchen to have throughout the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    The only cookie in the world worth eating is a chocolate chip cookie.

Mike
    You obviously have never had a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie.

My favorite store bought Oatmeal raisin cookie is Archway. But I will check out the Walmart ones next time I’m there. Thanks for posting this!