Thread: Miter saw table saw combo?

Miter saw table saw combo?

I was browsing the virutex website after ordering a few tools and saw this miter saw table saw combination machine. I thought it was interesting I have never seen anything like it. Has anyone ever seen one of these? They have many other odd balls tools I have never seen before like a powered compass plane, and a flush cut circular blade plunge saw for cutting door jambs when already installed. I ordered a corner grover for weatherstripping and a hinge cutting jig. Screenshot_20220422-111032_Chrome.jpg

Although slightly different configurations, many manufacturers make miter/table saw combos. These are primarily in the European market.
    Here is a Bosch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3glWBH97_5w

Omga had it for years, maybe 30+? Turkish manufacturer Yilmaz made a copied version about half the cost.

Mitch, Thank you for posting that. I hadn't seen any Virutex stuff since I had a bisquit machine way back when. I'm ordering the weatherstripping groover.

On problem is that the dust ports connect to a dust collector, and all I have is a dust extractor.

I saw a remodeling crew using one of these at a job site while on a trip to Italy. They were cutting trim. The workers said it was a pretty common tool and were amused that a tourist would be interested. It looked small and light enough to hand carry.
    < insert spurious quote here >

That would make sense that they are used primarily overseas. I could see a miter saw table saw combo could be handy for small on site work. I believe virtuex is based out of Spain although it does list a Florida address on my order confirmation. If I like the tools ordered I may go back and order a few more things.

That is both cool and kind of terrifying. I could see the utility of it though, especially for trim work and small jobs.

Seems especially suited to flooring installers.

Don’t know why you’d find it terrifying ? The blade is guarded and being a Euro designed tool it meets all kinds of stringent safety regs. The millions of tablesaws that have no riving knife and their blade guards removed are much more dangerous , but few give those a second thought.
    Last edited by Dave Sabo; 04-24-2022 at 9:26 AM.