Thread: Sharing exhaust for two machines

Sharing exhaust for two machines

Hi
    I'm installing a second laser cutter, and I'm wondering about how may I split the exhaust that I already made thru the wall, or how to share the same hose with 2 machines.
    I hope to get some ideas to start working on it.
    Marco
    Rabbit QX-60-9060
    Versacamm solvent printer
    Corel Draw / Adobe CC

pick up one of these--
    dp.jpg
    --these are great because basic 4" aluminized dryer vent hose perfectly fits these. If you're using ABS pipe, these come in white ABS too, should be easy to connect with basic fittings. Yes, the main pipe is smaller than 4", but seriously, you're just sucking smoke from a laser cabinet, it won't matter

Get a couple of these blast gates-
    bgate.jpg
    --attach these to each vent line just between the Y pipe and the outgoing vent line. These allow you to equalize the suction to each machine, or steer all the suction to only one machine.

Be sure to get at least SEVEN 4" hose clamps

In another thread recently, I posted a video I made showing that my messy, ugly but very functional 2-machine exhaust setup actually works, so here it is again. Watch close for how it's all connected, and still works

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks Kev for the information.
    I'll update this thread to help another member if the same question is made.
    Marco
    Rabbit QX-60-9060
    Versacamm solvent printer
    Corel Draw / Adobe CC

Hey Marco... I've got two Epilogs hanging off on Harbor Freight blower, all hard-piped with waste-gates on each machine. More than enough to pull from both when the machines are cutting. They're set up in my garage and just crack the door to vent to the outside...Even have a hydroponics muffler on the exit to quiet it down even further.laser ducts.jpg
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav