Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paint booth fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Why bronze impellers vs steel? I've seen aluminum suggested as well. Because they won't spark vs steel??
    Yes. Exactly.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Betsch View Post
    I’ve pretty much concluded that I’ll stick to water base finished with an occasional rattle can of something. The fan is supposed to flow 2077 cfm which will give me 33 air exchanges per minute. I’m pretty sure this will be more than adequate for any rattle can work I’ll do.

An air change every 2 seconds will deal with anything you could spray at it.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

So how did this all work out you might ask.

Just excellent. I built a plenum withe cheapo furnace filters to catch most of the overspray before it gets to the fan. There is plenty of airflow but not so much that it effects the spray pattern. The pic is of the initial run. I sprayed some molding with Target EM6000 that I dyed black. You can see in the pic that the filters catch the overspray. I need to build a couple of fixtures to hold my parts while spraying instead of the paint cans and put a couple of overhead pipes to hang things from. But overall I’m very happy. The fan pulls all smell and shoots it out the window. And I didn’t blow myself up! Of course this was a water base finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Plane Anarchist