Thread: Dust Collection for a Blum Hinge Boring Machine

Dust Collection for a Blum Hinge Boring Machine

Has anybody seen or designed an effective dust collector for the Blum (or for that matter any other similar brand) hinge boring machine? I have a dust port under the machine table but it still makes a huge mess.

Do a google search. I recall a forum member (might not be this forum) designed one and I think a big firm picked it up for production.

Might be a youTube for it too.

I'll second the huge mess.

Thanks for the suggestion. I found a company in Australia that has beautifully simple attachment specifically for the Blum Minipress. It's on its way.

Glad you found something , I recall it being closer to home than Australia though.

Rob can you post your source ? I need one of those as well.

Helmreich Joinery
    Bemboka, NSW, AU

Fast Cap now has one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Fast Cap now has one too.
    I did see that on line. The one from Helmreich Joinery looks to be more effective and cost-wise, there wasn't much difference. The cost of the Helmreich unit with the optional adjustable elbow with shipping was $106.17 US. The prices on the Helmreich website are evidently in Australian currency. The Fast Cap is $75.00 plus tax and shipping.

I looked at that fitting from Helmreich but decided against it because it looks like you lose the ability to use the hinge press function.

On my machine, I installed the dust/safety shield from Blum and stuck a 4" hose from the dust collector between the columns. The safety shield includes the air line and nozzles that shoots a blast of air at the end of the drilling cycle and, with the shield down, it directs all the chips into the 4" dust collector hose. It works excellent.

I bought my machine used and it did not have the safety shield so I'm not sure if comes standard on the machine or not.

https://www.wurthmachinery.com/Safety-Shield.html
    - Mike