Thread: Bitstream Font Navigator Help

Bitstream Font Navigator Help

i'm trying to move my fonts to a new laptop. Is there any way to export the Font Catalog in Bitstream Font Navigator? I have a few thousand fonts in my Catalog, but there are only 660 fonts in the Windows font file (I'm using Windows 10) so I assume the rest of my fonts are scattered throughout my computer in the download files, etc.

Anyone know how to get all my fonts off my computer and onto another one?

Thanks!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

you should be able to copy and paste to a flash drive and install from there to the new pc. there are several font managers for Win 10. Some are free.

I would avoid placing them in the Windows font folder as that many fonts will slow the pc. Like you, I have several thousand fonts, most of which are useless.

have a look at this: https://creativemarket.com/blog/how-...ze-their-fonts
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hi Mike,

It doesn't let me copy and paste.

Steve
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Steve

I've attached a link to a very good tutorial by Foster Coburn. This is what I used many years ago. It's no longer free but you will find it to be worth the money.
    https://fostercoburn.com/store/?mode...=SUCCESS-FONTS
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks Mike.

Steve

find CorelDraw in programs on your C drive. When you open this folder there will be several other folders, one will be corel or draw, open that and you'll find the font folder. You can copy and paste from this font folder.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Inside Font Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Steve

find CorelDraw in programs on your C drive. When you open this folder there will be several other folders, one will be corel or draw, open that and you'll find the font folder. You can copy and paste from this font folder.

I assume you have all your fonts registered in Font Navigator, so use the app to copy them to an external drive (flash or hard drive). Inside Font Navigator, there's an option to copy fonts to anywhere on your system, just point it to your external drive. This will save you time to search your hard drive to locate all the errant files.
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

Been using Corel since Y2k, versions 9, 10, x3 and x4, I've never used the Bitstream Font Navigator...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I started with Corel 8 and I wouldn't be without FN.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

So, my BIL has used Corel longer than I have, he taught ME to use it, he's up to version 20 now I think, and I know he uses Font Navigator. Anyway, in all the years I used HIS Corel on occasion, or have watched him use it himself, I've never noticed anything to do with Font Navigator, his Corel, when working with text and fonts, works exactly like mine does. I have no idea what "it does" or its benefits-?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I have no idea what "it does" or its benefits-?
    Over the years, both Mike Null and I have posted about our like of font managers. I dumped Font Navigator years ago because I found it buggy with my CD12 & CD13 program. A Font Manager has many uses in organizing, displaying and installing/uninstalling fonts. There are several font managers out there for both Windows and Mac and Web Browsers. I use bought Font Expert years ago and still use it practically daily.

Excluding my CD8, CD12, CD13 and CD16 font CDs that I have stored on my hard drive, I currently have 110,000 font files taking over 5.5 GB of space in a directory with an extremely unique name of "fonts" on a spare drive. I have my fonts stored in directories based on their Foundry (Designer). Obviously, that is a lot of files to search through to find "the perfect font" for a project. I have my Font Expert database set up to search in the Corel Draw font CD directories, as well as my fonts directory. If I need a specific font name, I can use the Find feature in FE and search for that font even if the file name is X5234c.ttf and not the font name. I have FE organized so I can search for calligraphic, monogram, stencil, western, handwritten, etc. type fonts and it will display a list of all fonts that fit that category no matter what directory they are located in. I can also easily type out the exact text I want to see such as "Spunky Spider" and I can easily view how those words look in every font from that category or file directory. I don't need to install any of them to view and if I do like that font, I can install it from the font manager and uninstall it when I'm finished with it.

It's a tremendous time saver if you deal with a lot of different fonts. If you mainly work with a small selection of fonts for all engraving projects, a font manager is not needed.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Steve

That's my problem.....I can't find that folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Clumpner View Post
    I assume you have all your fonts registered in Font Navigator, so use the app to copy them to an external drive (flash or hard drive). Inside Font Navigator, there's an option to copy fonts to anywhere on your system, just point it to your external drive. This will save you time to search your hard drive to locate all the errant files.
    Thanks Bruce......I did try this a couple of times and it wasn't working for me......but I think the problem was that I was trying to copy them to a "Destination File" on my C drive.......when I just did it with the "Destination File" on an external hard drive, it worked perfectly!!! Thanks!