Thread: 106th and 42nd today

106th and 42nd today

Azaleas, Dogwoods, and Lilacs are in full bloom. Leaves are all out, and still the early tender green color. Two young litters of puppies in the house. Bermuda grass is turning green, and waiting for the badly needed inch of soaking rain that's on the way, and today is my Mother's 106th Birthday, and Pam's and my 42nd Anniversary. All are healthy. Couldn't ask for more.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-18-2022 at 10:29 AM. Reason: fixed font formatting so it was readable on larger screens

Congrats on both milestones!!!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sounds like a great day to me. Congrats Tom.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

From what Tom has said, I may put some money on Tom’s mom still outliving a lot of us on here at this point. Think Fanduel would give me good odds?

All kidding aside congrats on both!

Congratulations on all of them!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Azaleas, Dogwoods, and Lilacs are in full bloom. Leaves are all out, and still the early tender green color. Two young litters of puppies in the house. Bermuda grass is turning green, and waiting for the badly needed inch of soaking rain that's on the way, and today is my Mother's 106th Birthday, and Pam's and my 42nd Anniversary. All are healthy. Couldn't ask for more.
    Used the snow brush to clear off the car this morning

Congratulations on the birthday and anniversary.

Regards, Rod.

I read the title and started trying to find where in NYC 42nd street and 106th street would meet. I was expecting a picture standing at the intersection. Amazing where our minds go with just a little information and past experiences. Glad things are going well down there for you. It snowed last night here but the ground isn't frozen so it's melting pretty fast. Maybe an inch on the ground vs the 6+ they said we could get.

Blog Entries
    Good to hear Tom, our lilac is just starting to show leaves.

My head has been clouded by a kick butt cold the last few days. Haven't been able to get out and enjoy the spring flowers. We did have the latest snow on record for the area last week.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Late to the party here but congrats to all. 106 is certainly quite a milestone. The things your mother has experienced. Congrats to you and your wife. These days 42 years is quite an accomplishment as well. I did mow this week for the first time. I might mow again tomorrow if it doesn't rain again. We've had plenty of rain so far and still waiting for spring to arrive temperature wise.

Great day and great story ! But Tom has not given us any tips on ‘Mom- Maintenance’ !

Congratulations all around!
    My wife and I celebrated 41 years on the 18th also.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon