Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miter Saw Station

Blog Entries
    I have wanted to have a setup that includes calibrations for left and right miters. That may be what this thread is about?
    Best Regards, Maurice

ctdsaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes Anderson View Post
    Have you considered using 80/20? They have plans for a miter saw station and you can have one spec'd for you by a dealer. Fairly expensive but with the price of plywood maybe not as expensive at it used to be. https://youtu.be/SpmeULDlAlY or https://youtu.be/Hiq6ahntl5E

If you want a steel stand then buy an old craftsman RAS that includes the stand for $50, separate the stand from the saw, and give the saw away.
    This is one of my primary contenders. The 80/20 setup I believe is over $2,000 with shipping. I could get the Original Saw Company’s miter saw station for around that price. Of course I would have to buy their fence separately which adds another $350 to $650.

There is another aluminum extrusion supplier that sells pretty much the same thing as 80/20 except much cheaper so I am heavily leaning that way

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Robbinett View Post
    So I have been wanting a metal, pre engineered miter saw station for a while now. I sm curious as to who all makes them? I need something very accurate. I have been using Fast Cap’s bench mount Best Fence system with their precision adjustment blocks and two of their 64” fences for several years now and I am just not happy with it. There is too much play in the precision adjustment blocks and the fences don’t seat very well in them either. I struggle to get them level and flat due to this. I am not sure if they have updated their precision adjustment blocks but I am ready to move on.

The only miter saw stations that I sm aware of are Original Saw Company and Razerguage. I am not considering the flimsy stands offered by Rousseau or Bora or Portamate as they are not as accurate and don’t have the length that I need. I am heavily leaning towards the Original Saw Company setup with one of their 8ft fences.

Am I missing anything? Are there any other companies that make a heavy duty miter saw station?

What are you cutting? How long and wide is it? How many pieces per day?

Jadawley.com
    industrial mitre saw stations. Excellent fences with no flex and easy repeatability. Not inexpensive, but industrial equipment never is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    I have Dewalt DWX723 stand. It came with the saw. The stops that came with the stand are too flexible for accurate repeat cuts. I added plywood extension tables on both sides. The tables are attached with extra Dewalt brackets that I bought. I added an aluminum fence with flip stops. The flip stops are too flimsy for my work also so I usually clamp a scrap of wood to the fence for a stop. As shown the saw is accurate enough for cabinet work. I use the saw a lot more than I expected.
    Attachment 477758
    Very nice! I have that same stand, I had never considered making support wings like that. I assume they work pretty well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Robbinett View Post
    So I have been wanting a metal, pre engineered miter saw station for a while now. I sm curious as to who all makes them? I need something very accurate. I have been using Fast Cap’s bench mount Best Fence system with their precision adjustment blocks and two of their 64” fences for several years now and I am just not happy with it. There is too much play in the precision adjustment blocks and the fences don’t seat very well in them either. I struggle to get them level and flat due to this. I am not sure if they have updated their precision adjustment blocks but I am ready to move on.

The only miter saw stations that I sm aware of are Original Saw Company and Razerguage. I am not considering the flimsy stands offered by Rousseau or Bora or Portamate as they are not as accurate and don’t have the length that I need. I am heavily leaning towards the Original Saw Company setup with one of their 8ft fences.

Am I missing anything? Are there any other companies that make a heavy duty miter saw station?
    In which plane is your current Fast Cap getting out of align? Are you looking for portable or fixed? What are you cutting where the precision of your current setup is not up to par? What model saw are you using? Could you post some pictures of your current setup?

My questions are as much for my curiosity as for helping you find an answer. I completely understand the desire to cut stock to length on a miter saw and wanting an accurate cut that you can then immediately be assemble without having to tune the cut. I am redoing my shop layout and accurate cross cuts are of particular concern to me also.

PICT8126.JPG
    I actually have a pair of OLD original saw company roller stands and they are HELLA stout! They probably weigh 80lbs without the ~30lb legs attached. As shown I have used them with my table saw more than I have with a miter saw. LOL!

IMG_0601.jpg

Powermatic006.jpg

They came with a Delta 10" RAS my dad bought 15 years ago and he had no use for them so he gave them to me. You have me considering using them to build a cut off station.
    Last edited by Michael Schuch; 04-20-2022 at 1:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    I built my own saw station years ago and it's been fine. The central feature is a Morton Quill Stop. This is a nut that fits over a 1/2-20 threaded rod. There's a button that releases the threads for gross adjustment. Turn the knob for fine adjustment (1 full turn = 0.050").

I have two quill stops. the other is on my drill press.