Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on mounting “dust bucket” to cast iron router table

You might take a look a some of 3M's double sided tapes. A friend of mine used some to attach his solar panels to the top of his camper and they're pretty much permanent. He's logged a several thousand miles with them with no problems. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Baldwin View Post
    You might take a look a some of 3M's double sided tapes. A friend of mine used some to attach his solar panels to the top of his camper and they're pretty much permanent. He's logged a several thousand miles with them with no problems. Jim
    That's a good product, although in this case, there's nothing to put the tape on without doing a "double" stick with a piece of some material between them bottom of the cast iron table and the flange of the Dust Bucket, based on the OP's photo.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Have you thought about rare earth magnets?

Mounted the bucket today with through bolts into the cast iron router table top. Feels bomber. The wood blocks are to support the flanges on the sides of the bucket so they don’t deflect. Will reinstall the router table as part of the table saw tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Looks good! Now I see
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    Have you thought about rare earth magnets?
    Kinda OT since Keith has his problem solved but if anyone has access to old 3.5" PC hard drives -- the older the better -- disassemble them and harvest the magnets, usually kidney shaped and on the arm. Those are GOOD magnets. The trick is how to mount them but there's usually a way.

That worked out really well, Keith.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Got the router table reinstalled and made a test cut today. Previously I used a shop vac for dust collection and it always left a mess on the table and the floor. The bucket is hooked up to my dust collector for both above the table and below table collection. I made the test cut in a piece of MDF and there was almost no dust anywhere. This will be a great upgrade.

PS: I forgot to mention that ribs under the cast iron table fit the top of dust bucket perfectly making for a good seal.