Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biesemeyer Fence - Fair Price?

Question Biesemeyer Fence - Fair Price?

There's a biesemeyer fence for sale locally, what would be a fair price for it in this condition? Seller is asking $650

Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg

Last one I bought (about 6-7 years ago) came with a Delta Contractors saw. I paid $300 for the saw and fence. That looks like the commercial version, it just has a bigger rail and larger heavier build. 650 would be probably what it cost new. Many other companies make a Bies clone fence, they all work the same. Grizzly sells them as do others.Check out what a new version is worth. The fence you show has been used a lot and is probably good for another 30-40 years but in my mind even with prices being stupid now is probably not worth 650.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Elmore View Post
    There's a biesemeyer fence for sale locally, what would be a fair price for it in this condition? Seller is asking $650

Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    Price gouging, to be sure. A Very Super Cool Tools fence (with DIY rails) would come in under that. And an Incra 52" TS-LS is $559 (on backorder, of course).

I have had couple of those and love them, nothing better. But that sure sounds like lot money for something that looks like its about 30yrs away from being new and from cabinet shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Carroll Courtney; 04-15-2022 at 2:09 PM.

That price is insane. Hard pass. Doesn’t even have the angle or the fasteners (at least not pictured).

Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    You can buy a new Biesemeyer for that kind of $$. You can by a Shop Fox clone with standard rails for $350. Make your own choices.

Thanks for all the input!

I suspect the seller bought a storage unit and is selling the contents. As ya'll have pointed out, a new Biese lists for $650, and I think that's what they used to set their price.

Does anyone know if a Biesemeyer would drop onto Shop Fox rails? Or alternatively, a Very Super Cool Tools fence? There's a guy selling his old Shop Fox rails as he upgraded to longer rails. It would be nice if those could be utilized instead of having to fabricate new rails.

Not to mention that there aren't any rails in the pic...

Thanks for all the input!

I suspect the seller bought a storage unit and is selling the contents. As ya'll have pointed out, a new Biese lists for $650, and I think that's what they used to set their price.

Does anyone know if a Biesemeyer would drop onto Shop Fox rails? Or alternatively, a Very Super Cool Tools fence? There's a guy selling his old Shop Fox rails as he upgraded to longer rails. It would be nice if those could be utilized instead of having to fabricate new rails.
    I think I've seen new Shop Fox fence (Biesemeyer clone) along with rails on Ebay for about $350, so if you haven't bought anything yet then give it a look.

Waay off base, not worth half that. Only half the important rail is there, in sad shape, and the rear one is missing. Too bad you are not local, as I am gonna be selling one in a few months.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I would not pay more than $150-200 for that item as shown in the photos...missing parts, "rode hard and put away wet", etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Pass...also, I'll add that I have that Bies and love it. I had a VSCT fence and didn't like it at all. I sent it back, with difficulty I might I add. If you decide to go new, stick with the real deal...why buy a copy.

Even if you got it cheap - say $150 - you'd have to find and purchase the missing parts. Don't touch it.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

If it were a complete industrial fence then $600 max. Commercial versions generally go for less than $500. Used Bies commercial less than $400. The Very Su;per Cool Tools is the way to go.

It's not worth what he's asking but the missing parts are just angle iron you can pick up cheap from a metal recycler or metals supermarket fairly cheap. I recently made my own front tube and rails for a Biesemeyer fence for about $100 Cnd. Offer him $150 and see if he bites.