Thread: Good grief - another infestation from Asia

Good grief - another infestation from Asia

https://www.agweb.com/news/crops/cro...midwest-states

Haven't come across them yet, but it sounds hopeless as far as controlling them...

This is getting old.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Blog Entries
    I wonder what controls them in Asia.

Not sure what might control these things, whether free range chickens might get fat. I understand they have been seen in New England. My great great grand father was a sort of faith healer and had a brass hinge leather covered book, hand written, of very old German folk remedies. I never met the man, but saw the book a few times when my grandmother's brother had it. My grandfather knew a bunch of these old remedies and used them. One was for his huge garden with rather rich soil. Every 5 years he would spread rock salt on the ground and dig it in. Something like 25 pounds of salt for a quarter acre to kill nematodes. I thought that was crazy until I heard of other people doing it for the same reason. I'll bet the folks wherever these things come from have some old remedies to keep them in check.

If they are as tasty as earthworms to moles and voles, then I will never be infested as I already seem to be feeding the mole/vole population in my neighborhood.