Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Krenov Style Apron Planes

Looks like some planes from Batch II are starting to arrive to their owners.

" I just received mine in all-ebony, and it's a work of art. I'm very pleased. What a beautiful little tool.

Thomas "
    DJO Furniture Maker / Timberwerks Studio

Hi Guys! Just a note to say that if you would like to reserve a plane from batch III please let me know by Sunday evening 7/16 since I'll be placing an order for the blades next week. Batch III will actually be the final batch. Reason being, once the end of August comes around my spare time will be spent bucking, splitting and stacking Ash for burning this Winter. Come late Fall & Winter my time in the studio will be spent making furniture again. Thanks to those that have ordered planes and to those who have followed these posts! To change it up a bit here is a photo from one of last year's splitting sessions.

Take Care!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	482715

One last bump before making the blade order.

I have two Ebony body blanks and blades available in this third and final batch if anyone is interested in reserving a plane, your choice of side woods.
    Last edited by Dale Osowski; 07-23-2022 at 9:58 AM.

Hi Guys, just a note to let you know that this batch of apron planes is going to be awhile yet before completion and shipping. Reason being, the motor on my 10" Rikon burnt out on me and the new one isn't expected to be here until September 2nd. Sorry for the delay.

I was thinking about just buying another but a 14" vs waiting for a motor replacement. The more I thought about it though I really don't need a 14" and the 10" is perfect for my small studio because it sits under the bench until I need it.
    Last edited by Dale Osowski; Today at 9:14 AM.