Thread: Scuff and buff sanding balls

Scuff and buff sanding balls

81m4KXdQVML._AC_SS130_.jpg

Has anyone tried these sanding balls? Currently I hand sand the 1/4" round over on the end grain on 2" and 3" holes. Then go to the flap sander for 150 and 180 G. I spend hours at the bench hand sanding the round over with 120 G. The holes are first sanded on a Spindle sander.

These abrasive balls might be a good way to do this. Maybe mounted on a drill press. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Gordon Stump; 04-14-2022 at 8:29 AM.
    Ask a woodworker to "make your bed" and he/she makes a bed.

If they are similar to the sanding balls I have purchased from Amazon, AUSTOR 100 Pieces 1 inch Abrasive Wheel Buffing Polishing Wheel Set Polishing Wheel for Dremel Rotary Tool, 4 Grits: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific, they wear out pretty fast. I use them in the corners of the juice groove of cutting boards. They aren't great but I haven't found anything that is.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure they are the same. It is non-woven abrasive whatever that means. They are expensive and only come in weird grits. But Harbor Freight has already knocked them off for $8.99!

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/p...yAAEgJEePD_BwE
    Ask a woodworker to "make your bed" and he/she makes a bed.

These are not very aggressive. They simply break sharp edges and blend, they don't "sand" in the sense of removing material or shaping. They literally "scuff" like using a scotch pad, only faster.

You might want to try a type of mop sander, they are a little more aggressive.
    https://www.woodworkingshop.com/abra...tars-and-mops/