Thread: Possible Visit to Knoxville and Nashville Areas

Possible Visit to Knoxville and Nashville Areas

JKJ, I think you live in the Knoxville area. is there a chance you will have time for a visit on 04/27? We'd love to see your farm.

We are also looking for travel stop suggestions between Louisville, KY and Huntsville, AL. We love to find new hikes. If anyone can point us in the direction of their favorite unknown (and uncrowded) nature trails in this area, we'd appreciate it. Any unique woodworking destinations would be great as well.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Strauss View Post
    JKJ, I think you live in the Knoxville area. is there a chance you will have time for a visit on 04/27? We'd love to see your farm.
    May 27 should be good for me, I should know in a few days when I get dates for some medical appointments. We are just a few miles from an exit on I-75.

JKJ

Well if you are now taking bookings, I will grab the 1st week of November?
    Rgds,
    Richard.

Did you mean April 27th. If so, I've got some California nutmeg (Torreya californica) and some other interesting wood with your name on it.

Did you mean April 27th. If so, I've got some California nutmeg (Torreya californica) and some other interesting wood with your name on it.
    Oh, I was confused, yes 4/27 must be April and not May. I seem to be more easily confused than in the past.

I plan to be here. It's expensive to leave - it costs me $50/day for a farm sitter to come twice a day to feed the critters.

One problem might be how to communicate. When I click on your name in an SMC thread I don't see a way to contact you by private message or email. If you click on my name can you send a message?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Casey View Post
    Well if you are now taking bookings, I will grab the 1st week of November?
    Rgds,
    Richard.
    Richard! Are you headed this way again?
    The corona virus situation around here seems to be getting better. Everyone I know personally is triple-vaccinated and most are about to get shot #4. I was in Italy much of March and it was better there too. How are things in Australia?

John, you can contact me at g3m7a2i3l at gmail . Com so we can exchange control information.

By the way, I assume I have California nutmeg but have not verified it. It is kind of plain looking but smells like nutmeg when you sand it ( I know I used a four letter word "sand" that makes you cringe).

I really like a hiking app called Alltrails. You can enter hike parameters such as waterfalls or ease of the hike.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Richard! Are you headed this way again?
    The corona virus situation around here seems to be getting better. Everyone I know personally is triple-vaccinated and most are about to get shot #4. I was in Italy much of March and it was better there too. How are things in Australia?
    Well if you ever answered your emails you would know. Still the same walking around upside down.
    Rgds,
    Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Casey View Post
    Well if you ever answered your emails you would know. Still the same walking around upside down.
    Rgds,
    Richard.
    Sorry, I am SO far behind at reading email I nearly quit completely.

John, you can contact me at ...
    I sent an email on 4/11 to the address you provided but I've not yet received a response. I didn't get a failure notice from gmail so I assume it was delivered.

Assuming it was a cell you provided, I texted you this weekend.

I've been very busy and don't check personal email very often.

Assuming it was a cell you provided, I texted you this weekend.

I've been very busy and don't check personal email very often.
    Got the text, I'll try to remember to reply.

Sometimes busy wears me out. Such as fertilizing the fields after up into the night trying to beat the rain, fighting the worn-out rented fertilizer spreader, 10 hrs to do a 3 hr job. Sometimes I get tired of renting things I have to repair before use - at least this one didn't require welding.